Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Wow, Patrick Brown is really sucking up to Ford! I'm guessing Brown hopes that Dougie just forgets all the ways he hates Brown:

"That's disgusting, that is absolutely disgusting that you would side with someone like Patrick Brown," he said to Horwath with indignation.

Ford then described Brown, as "a person, who in my opinion, has zero credibility."

May 15
All my photos for the day are up on my site now.

Crossover nearing completion so it can be form and concrete pour to anchor it in place.
53729786054_3259a6dbc2_b.jpg

The 6th substations in place south of Kingsbridge and there has to be another one or 2 more to come north of the 403 as the spacing is too great from Admiral to Britannia compared to the rest not to have one or 2.there
53724490927_2d3b7468f0_b.jpg

This is at Barondale and the first I have seen to date for any intersection built to the north and will happen at Absolute and Matthew Gates hole area. They moved the crossing to the north here and fail to note the south one.
53729787184_d2a223040e_b.jpg

Eglinton is seeing the same thing as Barondale and crosswalk moved north/south
53728014353_a43ff4a317_b.jpg

For Matheson No Left turn

53728535362_9ab4104c80_b.jpg

Both tracks at Waltline were concrete last year that now have a very large gap between the rails with concrete removed for an opps.
53729786649_6fd96130a1_b.jpg

Matheson Platform Tracks being form for pouring. As well how far it is set back from the intersection compared to the other ones that are built. Derry is the same as this.
53729884420_c2942e0ab8_b.jpg

You can see where rebar is to be added to the current south end if the Matheson Platform to be attach to something
53728535057_064780f12b_b.jpg

First time seeing the grounding system
53729444351_59f1a4832f_b.jpg

53729444431_48b7165d2a_b.jpg

Last edited:
May 19
Had to do some grocery shopping at Sq One as well at Dundas and decided to take a walk to Sq One Dr to see what is plan for the intersection starting May 21 before taking the bus.

People real happy especially car folks with Elm intersection now open. Both crosswalks are being shifted North/South where they used to be like most that I have seen so far and never noticed that until this week

Don't know how many times I been to Robert Speck Pkwy as well shooting it that I fail to noticed until today how far the old crosswalk has been moved to where it is now, You can see part of the brick/concrete walkway still there.

Forming has started on the station.

Close to haft of the width of the guideway has been backfill with room for the northbound turning lane and 2 southbound lanes. The southbound lanes will shift back to where they used to be and take the current ones out of service for Phase 1 work. The markings on the road has the Sq One eastbound 2 lanes swinging to the south and then north. The single westbound lane will swing to the south to go west.

At Dundas, the 2 driveways that were close the day I saw it along with digging up the curb and road now have a steel plate over them. From what I can see, they only have to put a new curb in along with roadway from Dundas to just north of King St where the right turn lane is that is already built and pave.

Couple shots since there is 350 in front of them and the rest
133A2867.JPG
133A2890.JPG
133A2882.JPG
133A2891.JPG

Last edited:
Cross Post
Staring May 23 to June 23, Central Parkway Intersection on Hurontario will see the guideway built across it with no left turns for Hurontario St.

Haven't seen signs on Central Parkway yet as to what is to happen on that road for left turns.

Based on the timeframe for work, this is a full closure that it will not only affect route 53, but buses going to/from CP to Kipling or routes. See no info on the site if a detour is in effect and if there is one, the 53 will use Elm to go south with normal routing. The only thing for 53 is the stop at the medical building on Hurontario is now at Fairview some 200m south.

The southbound 2 that has been using the medical stop while CP been out of service will be getting off/on 125m north of CP now.

A partials closure is usually 2 months.

Wow, Patrick Brown is really sucking up to Ford! I'm guessing Brown hopes that Dougie just forgets all the ways he hates Brown:

"That's disgusting, that is absolutely disgusting that you would side with someone like Patrick Brown," he said to Horwath with indignation.

Ford then described Brown, as "a person, who in my opinion, has zero credibility."

This is dated in the world of politics. After 6 years and Ford getting 5 MPPs elected in Brampton, the province shortchanging of the city has more to do with their own incompetence than the mayor.

May 22
Have to stop off at Sq One on my way home from Toronto that I did a walking tour home.

Was right about the left turn sign for Sq One Dr being wrong as no right turns allow for southbound traffic. Even with a no turn sign at the intersection with a flashing light police vehicle there, driver try making the right turn with the police hocking the horn to not to. A few disobey the police officer as normal as they know they will not get a ticket in the first place.

The markings on the road was for the concrete barriers.

Single lane going eastbound and this will be fun on the weekends.

No temporary bus platform for the 103 stop that you have to climb up or down off/on the bus for which is easy for some riders, but not all of them.

Sump pump was pouring the base of Robert Speck station. Grading underway between Robert Speck and Absolute with stakes in place for pouring the centre curbs. Could see the curbs being pour next week.

Guild crews were busy pulling cables under Hurontario as well a number of intersections

I was told today that Central Parkway is a full closure with still no signs on CP saying so. Surprise surprise will be seen tomorrow.

No info for route 53 detour either at the stop that is supposed to be at Fairview nor a sign of a stop north of CP according to miWay site.

Have sent off an email to ML for this lack of communication and a number of issues.

A few shots not on line as I have yet to get to the other ones.
133A3073.JPG
133A3076.JPG
133A3078.JPG

Last edited:
In Vancouver, do they refer to them as such? They have Canada Line, Millennium Line, etc.

I expect exactly no one to refer to this as the McCallion line except official communication.

In Vancouver we go by the name, and it's complicated by lines branching.
The lines (really 'routes') are different colours on the map, but they are not numbered (or if they are numbered, the numbers are not generally known).
Also, if they were numbered, you'd probably have to assign 2 numbers to the 2 routes on the Canada Line (both light blue) and 2 numbers to the 2 routes on the Expo Line (both royal blue) - how do other cities do it?
I see that Boston's Green Line has different letters and footnotes on its system map for termini.
At present the Millennium Line does not branch but will when the Port Coquitlam extension is built.

In Vancouver we go by the name, and it's complicated by lines branching.
The lines (really 'routes') are different colours on the map, but they are not numbered (or if they are numbered, the numbers are not generally known).
Also, if they were numbered, you'd probably have to assign 2 numbers to the 2 routes on the Canada Line (both light blue) and 2 numbers to the 2 routes on the Expo Line (both royal blue) - how do other cities do it?
Branches are often referred to as A or B. So, on a hypothetical Line 1, you might have 1A service and 1B service indicating which branch. Next train indicators will usually also say the terminus. Like in the GTA, Lakeshore W outbound trains are labelled Aldershot or West Harbour depending on where the service terminates. It can get confusing for wayfinding though, for people unfamiliar with the city or the system.

Got a reply from Mississauga that got a copy of my email to Mobilinx/Metrolinx for Sq One and Central Parkway closure along with a few other things with nothing yet from Mobilinx or ML so far. Have to laugh at a few things as miWay site is still wrong for the 53. This compelled me to take a walk over to the intersection and the bus stop to see what is new according to the email and what was taking place..

Mobilinx and ML was supposed to have sent out 26,000 notices a few weeks ago with a date that ended up being push back a few weeks and I have never seen one for CP at all. A platform is to be place for the 103 stop.

Communication seems to be an issues at all levels dealing with Mobilinx and ML and what else is new.

Don't know if @Dan416 has seen any notices since he a block away from the intersection while I am 2 blocks away.

The intersection wasn't ready last night nor at this time and is wide open. There needs to be signs on CP as well Mississauga Valley Blvd informing drivers of the closure.

Talking to 6 riders at the bus stop that was to have been moved a week ago, they were not aware of any closure for the intersection nor the relocation of the bus stop. That was funny about the bus stop as a notice in white was now wrap around the white top of the stop showing where the stops were to be as of May 23 as well route 53 using Elm Dr as I suspected. Sloppy way for miWay informing riders of changes as par.

A few more emails to be sent tonight in response to the email I got and what I just saw and heard.

City responded
Notices for Square One Drive and Central Parkway were sent out by Metrolinx in late April/early May. Metrolinx has advised more than 26,000 notices were mailed out for the Central Parkway track work in the area. Mobilinx advises that mobile signage were installed last week. Unfortunately, the actual construction dates were pushed back from the initial notice, but there is a message in the notice saying dates could be shifted, and to watch mobile signs for latest information.

The works at Square One Drive were implemented Tuesday night so yesterday would’ve been the first time daytime road users would be experiencing it. Going by it yesterday, it was clear you cannot make a right SB at Square One Drive.

This partial closure of Central Parkway is being implemented tonight. As per the notice, 53S will be detoured to Elm. Physical notices were placed at SB Stops 1227 and 1107 this morning. The service update site was also updated this morning (see below). The team has tried to ensure that the site and notices were placed with more advanced notice in the past, but found that these dates will often get pushed back even with prior confirmation from Mobilinx.

1716502218142.png

I heard from a planner at the City of Brampton this evening that a north side stop at Steeles Avenue is probably back on - at least that's what they heard. Not a confirmation, but now that the province has committed to the Downtown Brampton extension, I don't see why that would change now, especially with the local MPP as transportation minister. I wonder if @Wm Perkins Bull has heard anything similar.

I heard from a planner at the City of Brampton this evening that a north side stop at Steeles Avenue is probably back on
Dang I hope so. The south side stop is such a stupid idea. The Gateway Terminal and Shoppers World mall are on the north side. Having people cross Steeles to get to and from the LRT is just begging for a completely preventable accident.

I heard from a planner at the City of Brampton this evening that a north side stop at Steeles Avenue is probably back on - at least that's what they heard. Not a confirmation, but now that the province has committed to the Downtown Brampton extension, I don't see why that would change now, especially with the local MPP as transportation minister. I wonder if @Wm Perkins Bull has heard anything similar.
I have pushed from day one to have the Steeles Station moved to the north side once the city decided to take it north as originally plan and more so since the provinces approved funding of the extension and get told it was the cost to do it. Before the province funding I said since it was Brampton mistake in the first place that they pickup the cost to build the tracks to the station along with the utilities works. There would be no cost for the station since it had to be built in the first place. There still time to do it and should be done for opening day when every that will be.

Central Parkway
The surprise surprise has started for the full closure with only right hand turning in place as of 11pm. Concrete barriers were arriving and about to be place. A couple northbound cars try to make the left turn with a pay police on duty with the officer hitting the horn. A few near miss calls with cars falling to stop for the red light to make the turn off CP.

Found out why no signs up on CP as it is the city responsibility to do it and Mobilinx to forget it. Email off to the ward concillior and the Commission as why no signs. The ward concillior has already said it was Mobilinx responsibility and who passing the buck.

Mobilinx is saying the intersection will be open by June 24 and we will see if it happens.

Got a reply from Mississauga that got a copy of my email to Mobilinx/Metrolinx for Sq One and Central Parkway closure along with a few other things with nothing yet from Mobilinx or ML so far. Have to laugh at a few things as miWay site is still wrong for the 53. This compelled me to take a walk over to the intersection and the bus stop to see what is new according to the email and what was taking place..

Mobilinx and ML was supposed to have sent out 26,000 notices a few weeks ago with a date that ended up being push back a few weeks and I have never seen one for CP at all. A platform is to be place for the 103 stop.

Communication seems to be an issues at all levels dealing with Mobilinx and ML and what else is new.

Don't know if @Dan416 has seen any notices since he a block away from the intersection while I am 2 blocks away.

The intersection wasn't ready last night nor at this time and is wide open. There needs to be signs on CP as well Mississauga Valley Blvd informing drivers of the closure.

Talking to 6 riders at the bus stop that was to have been moved a week ago, they were not aware of any closure for the intersection nor the relocation of the bus stop. That was funny about the bus stop as a notice in white was now wrap around the white top of the stop showing where the stops were to be as of May 23 as well route 53 using Elm Dr as I suspected. Sloppy way for miWay informing riders of changes as par.

A few more emails to be sent tonight in response to the email I got and what I just saw and heard.

City responded
Notices for Square One Drive and Central Parkway were sent out by Metrolinx in late April/early May. Metrolinx has advised more than 26,000 notices were mailed out for the Central Parkway track work in the area. Mobilinx advises that mobile signage were installed last week. Unfortunately, the actual construction dates were pushed back from the initial notice, but there is a message in the notice saying dates could be shifted, and to watch mobile signs for latest information.

The works at Square One Drive were implemented Tuesday night so yesterday would’ve been the first time daytime road users would be experiencing it. Going by it yesterday, it was clear you cannot make a right SB at Square One Drive.

This partial closure of Central Parkway is being implemented tonight. As per the notice, 53S will be detoured to Elm. Physical notices were placed at SB Stops 1227 and 1107 this morning. The service update site was also updated this morning (see below). The team has tried to ensure that the site and notices were placed with more advanced notice in the past, but found that these dates will often get pushed back even with prior confirmation from Mobilinx.

View attachment 566220

I did get a notice in the mail actually. I did not keep it though since now that Elm is open, I don't need Central Parkway for left turns anymore.

Back