Mississauga Hurontario-Main Line 10 LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx

Is the working thesis here that every one of these teachers works in the Hurontario LRT's catchment zone?

"Free parking" verses the Hurontario LRT. Which one helps or hinders Climate Change? Look at the wildfires as you think about that.
If you hate climate change so much, maybe you need to be pushing for maximum work from home so people aren't forced to needlessly drive. As we saw recently, wfh will take many more cars off the roads than suburban transit ever could.

Is the working thesis here that every one of these teachers works in the Hurontario LRT's catchment zone?
This is gone off the rail and the bulk of teachers aren't even close to the plan LRT nor good transit service in the first place.

Working from home is not everyone cup of tea.

End of the day, Climate Change will require everyone to give up something that is causing the problem in the first place and it will be like pulling a tooth out the mouth of a live bear.

"Free parking" verses the Hurontario LRT. Which one helps or hinders Climate Change? Look at the wildfires as you think about that.
Getting teachers to use public transit to get to school is like the low hanging fruit of low hanging fruit. If your goal is to help/solve climate change, your priority absolutely should not be "Elementary School Teachers", especially when they work in places that are arguably the hardest to serve by public transit effectively.

Where's the bicycle racks?

On the north side, between "Kindergarten Play Area 1" and "Car Drop-Off", right against the fence over from the sidewalk. They're the tiny lines that look like dashes/hyphens against the fence. Plenty of bike room.

Aug 6
Lot more now up on my site
53141749837_7f93b47755_b.jpg

53142758020_6dfb4001d9_b.jpg

53142339716_676f8ebf12_b.jpg

53141749367_a4a46ef3c8_b.jpg

53142757370_9bee2584f5_b.jpg

53141749012_b0bbf33678_b.jpg

Where the Guideway will enter/exit the centre of Hurontario at the new Englewood intersection
53142816378_b44b75c76c_b.jpg

You can see the eastbound ramp was ready for the base that was built a few weeks later. This will allow the existing ramp to be removed to allow work to start on the new northbound lanes to the push box.
53142338521_41933df05b_b.jpg

This will allow the southbound lanes to to be shifted west to allow work for the new northbound lanes and new intersection for the South Service Rd as well the new QEW westbound off ramp. Sidewalk will be install at a later date.
53141748177_4821024096_b.jpg

I would think so but it’s not something that has been done out here yet. We’re building damn tall out here but sometimes I think the city councillors never leave their neighbourhoods to see how other areas solve these issues. The new school in the condo podium at Yonge and eglinton should be visited with a huge note pad. Instead here’s a look at our new urban school with two kiss and ride drop offs. Oh and notice those future portable locations!!! Why not just build the school larger to begin with.

PDSB's school utilization (% usage) in their Mississauga schools is very low compared to Brampton schools, which has over 100% utilization in most schools. Take a look at PDSB's Annual Planning Document from 2022/2023. Perhaps the PDSB will disband after the Peel Region split and Mississauga can have their own school board, but currently they have way too many vacant spots in their schools, that making this addition (or new school) a priority is detrimental to the spaces in Brampton.

PDSB's school utilization (% usage) in their Mississauga schools is very low compared to Brampton schools, which has over 100% utilization in most schools. Take a look at PDSB's Annual Planning Document from 2022/2023. Perhaps the PDSB will disband after the Peel Region split and Mississauga can have their own school board, but currently they have way too many vacant spots in their schools, that making this addition (or new school) a priority is detrimental to the spaces in Brampton.

There’s no way the school boards will deamalgamate. They’re completely separate from the municipal governments.

Aug 27
Time to derail the school stuff by dealing with it in its own thread or the politically thread and deal with the thread title as it has nothing to do with it.

What I was supposed to do and shoot when out the window for today to the point I had time in the afternoon to do the corridor.

There are photos, but the 250 have been added to my backlog with no idea when they will be up. finishing up Aug 6 photos now.

Port Credit
The roof of the station is pour with forming underway for the station entrance I think as I haven't seen any detail design for it.

Finding a parking spot for any GO lots impossible as they were full with drivers trying to find one that they go elsewhere. A lot of illegal parking. The sooner they get more of The Mary Creek parking area open, more parking can be had. Next to no change for the rest of the non station work. Good thing using transit today.

QEW
As noted, the new eastbound ramp for the QEW is now in service and opens up a large area from the old ramp to line the northbound lanes to the push box. No idea when the removal of the old ramp will take place as well building the new northbound lanes and the South Service Road Intersection. Based on what has happen to date, it a dart board for a date when X will start or be completed.

Watergarden Intersection is setup to be close shortly to allow tracks to be install for it with 80' rail laying there. The rail will have to be splice to do the intersection.

Sq One Station Area
The base of the ramp from Rathburn to the elevated section is completed and backfill for grade level. Still have to built the ramp walls. Haven't seen any work on the elevated sections in some time nor the work for Sq One Station..

Corridor
What taking place from PC to Sq One Dr is a guessing game nor any clue when either the south or north lanes be built.
From Hillcrest to Eglinton, south/northbound are built to allow guideway to be built.
Nothing so far for the Eglinton Station platform.
Next to no work in the guideway from Eglinton to a block below Bristol.
From the block south Bristol to Matheson, the guideway base is pour along with all the curbs waiting for trackwork.
Matheson platform and tracks still not completed.
A large area north of Traders is most likely a crossover area as there is nothing north of it to Northflight to do it.
Lots of work at Britannia for the guideway as well the station platform. The intersection is fully open nor a clue when it open.
From Britannia to Courtneypark lots of guideway waiting to be built as well building tracks across the westbound ramp for the 401.
From Courtneypark to Derry Rd, 98% of the tracks in place with the remaining to be done by mid Sept including tracks that had to be replace.

Derry Rd
No idea why the Derry Platform is so far north from the intersection compared to the ones that have been built so far.
Tracks being installed north of Kingsway with the the northbound pour. Southbound ready for concrete.
The tracks north of Kingsway being built in section up to the large area I assume will be the 2nd crossover.

Northflight
They have rebuilt the blunder mess for the intersection with some road curbs to be built.
I haven't seen any switches nor any idea if they are like what TTC does or will be rail by rail. The pile of ties waiting to be place are long and a different style with numbers on each one.
Once they place the switches and tracks as well rebuilt the northbound lanes, northbound traffic can be shift to the new lanes to allow building the missing section of the guideway because of the detour of lanes.
At this point, its a guessing game when the intersection will be complete with the earliest being late Oct, but more Like Dec.

The southbound lane deck for the 407 overpass has been removed.
The center pier is now been tie to the existing bridge.
The 2 end piers are waiting to be form that will support the new girders for the expansion.
Nothing has started on the northbound piers other than the 2 end ones base is now in place.

OMSF Guideway
They have finally pour the base of the guideway north of Northflight to allow the 2 section of the guideway to be connected to each other
The outbound track has finally been built up to where the inbound has been for the past year. As to when it will happen is a guessing game.

The more I look at this project, further down the road completion becomes as well start of service. Unless there a huge increase of completion of work, I am looking at Q4 of 2025 for service to Q1 of 2026 at this time.

It will be interesting to hear when the first car will show up other than fall of 2023. It would be a big mistake to see a car this year based on the Ottawa Mess since they are the same cars. Best to wait until Alstom comes up with a new tested boogie, than doing replacement at a later date. Given the fact, we will be lucky to see the testbed ready until Q2 of 2024 at this time.

These are my views and others can weight in on what they see

Aug 8
More up on my Site as I just up loaded them.

I see why a rail had to be replaced at Britannia as I shot the reason and never noticed it while shooting the area. It was damaged, but doesn't explained the reason why the rest had to be replace as I don't see anything in the other shots to do it.
53152065143_c706e81d53_b.jpg

53150992547_68a9020851_b.jpg

53151567421_74695fbe6c_b.jpg

I am assuming these are for the switches and haven't seen this type before.
53152001145_6e1d24fcdb_b.jpg

53151770489_e3850c39bc_b.jpg

As you can see, Topflight intersection wasn't close on Aug 8 to be open on the 16th as plan. The only different between Aug 8th shots and what I shot on the 27th, most of the form work was pour.
53150993322_b27290b368_b.jpg

53152065848_1b6fb0ffbd_b.jpg

On Topflight that will connect to Hurontario
53151568311_fba461e38a_b.jpg

Last edited:
Sept 10

Been lackey a Daisey the past week that I haven't been working on my backlog as well getting out on the nice days to add more photos until today.

Next to nothing has been done to the corridor since my last visited with a few exceptions. PC roof looks the same with nothing been added to the forms in place on Aug 27

Dundas intersection to be close Sept 16 based on a sign I saw going by it to fast to read all of it.

John St close Sept 5 to the 20th.

Work on Watergarden Intersection has yet to start.

Eastbound ramp to Hurontario for the 401 is close and don't know when that happen. It dug out and that it so far.

They have fixed the tracks at Animal and have pour concrete for it. Until the rails are splice at Matheson Station and area, concrete can't be pour for the tracks that are finally in place.

They have started to lay the ties at Northflight Intersection with a lot more to be place. Tracks are being installed to connect the OMSF to Northflight with once section having the base pour for the tracks. Top coat could be done by the next Friday.

At the rate work is taking place, The test bed maybe ready by Q2 2024 with service starting Q3 2025 to Q2 2026, The end of 2024 will come and go before completion of the line as plan.

A few shots not tag or fix or up on my site
133A8805.JPG

133A8706.JPG
133A8751.JPG
133A8759.JPG
133A8828.JPG

Back