Toronto Hotel X (was Hotel in the Garden) | ?m | 27s | Exhibition Place | NORR

Hopefully they will not only be warned they will be advised to stay away if Indy is not their reason for visiting...aside from the noise (which is likely manageable) access and egress would be hell during those 4 days.

...or Caribana, CNE, or any other festival or function they hold at Exhibition Place.

Ehh, wave the yellow flag and let hotel guests take their chances.

If someone's coming to visit Toronto and stays in a hotel located at "the Exhibition Grounds" in the summer, they should probably do some research to see if a big loud thing will be happening.

Pricing will probably help some people avoid busy times :) I would expect top prices during major events because those who want to be in the centre of the action will pay them.

...or Caribana, CNE, or any other festival or function they hold at Exhibition Place.

If someone's coming to visit Toronto and stays in a hotel located at "the Exhibition Grounds" in the summer, they should probably do some research to see if a big loud thing will be happening.

Not many events outside of Indy have roads closed for 4 days...that was my point. Yes it will be a busy place with lots of "stuff" going on and yes the name/location should tip people off to that......but Indy actually closes a significant amount of the roads around there from Thursday to Monday (I would think the only way out of the hotel would be via fleet to Strachan or Fort York......and that could take a while at that time.

Not many events outside of Indy have roads closed for 4 days...that was my point. Yes it will be a busy place with lots of "stuff" going on and yes the name/location should tip people off to that......but Indy actually closes a significant amount of the roads around there from Thursday to Monday (I would think the only way out of the hotel would be via fleet to Strachan or Fort York......and that could take a while at that time.

Off-site parking would solve that problem.

Yesterday

P1430071.jpg

P1430072.jpg

P1430073.jpg

P1430074.jpg

P1430075.jpg

P1430076.jpg

P1430077.jpg

Attachments

• P1430071.jpg
    P1430071.jpg
    156.1 KB · Views: 879
  • P1430072.jpg
    P1430072.jpg
    270.8 KB · Views: 888
  • P1430073.jpg
    P1430073.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 864
  • P1430074.jpg
    P1430074.jpg
    227 KB · Views: 881
  • P1430075.jpg
    P1430075.jpg
    180.5 KB · Views: 874
  • P1430076.jpg
    P1430076.jpg
    137.6 KB · Views: 871
  • P1430077.jpg
    P1430077.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 875
Hope this building will be finished by the summer of 2015 in time for the exhibition. There's no good hotels with in good walking distance from the EX.

They'll double the price of a room when there's a major concert or any other event happening that day.

Like most hotels.

I couldn't find any rooms in Chicago below $200/night once when there was something as dull as a medical conference.

The Ex is a weird place to lodge. Is there an easy connection to street car? Or will most guests take a cab downtown?

Like most hotels.

I couldn't find any rooms in Chicago below $200/night once when there was something as dull as a medical conference.

The Ex is a weird place to lodge. Is there an easy connection to street car? Or will most guests take a cab downtown?
509 and 511 both go there

This hotel will make a killing when there's a concert happening at CNE. For sure they'll raise the price of the rooms that day.
Concerts haven't happened at the CNE for some time. At least not the massive ones. Only smaller shows at the bandshell. Concerts are across Lake Shore at Molson Amphitheatre, and have nothing to do with the CNE.

Back