Toronto Hotel X (was Hotel in the Garden) | ?m | 27s | Exhibition Place | NORR

These lands are leased from the city for 100 years. Conversion to residential and sale of condominium units will not be possible.

then they will sell the rooms as oversized, over priced condos - there is no risk.

besides, it will likely have quite a number of Raptor try-outs and their entourage at any given time.

August 29:

4bs3DHN.jpg

This morning.

IMG_20140917_072444.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_20140917_072444.jpg
    IMG_20140917_072444.jpg
    575.6 KB · Views: 1,667
I wonder how this will affect the Honda Indy, they're taking up space used previously as both grandstand seating, pit crew and working grounds for the racing teams.

I wonder how this will affect the Honda Indy, they're taking up space used previously as both grandstand seating, pit crew and working grounds for the racing teams.

I could see myself renting a room just to photograph the Indy. I bet several other photogs have similar plans. I would consider the hotel an extension of the grandstand/bleachers, giving people the option to watch the event without having to contend with the crowds. As far as urban courses go, Toronto is one of the least dense routes. A look at Monaco or Seattle's track will give you a good idea of how built out some of these courses are, and how much room for densification would be possible lining Toronto's route.

Hello front desk? I'm have a noise complaint. Can't you tell them outsiders to use electric motors or something, so I can sleep? Thank you.

Hope the windows are at least triple-glazed.
I disagree. Most guests staying at Hotel X during the Indy will likely be there for the Indy, and not be surprised by the noise. Even then, that will be one day a year versus the three-week run of the Ex (which runs past midnight on weekends I believe). That is sustained noise for weeks versus a one-day a year event, albeit with louder noise for less duration.

Indy runs for two days plus two days of practice runs so four days of noise. Intense noise, although not at night. But yes, hopefully hotel guests would be warned that the Indy is on so only those who like it would book there.

Indy runs for two days plus two days of practice runs so four days of noise. Intense noise, although not at night. But yes, hopefully hotel guests would be warned that the Indy is on so only those who like it would book there.

Hopefully they will not only be warned they will be advised to stay away if Indy is not their reason for visiting...aside from the noise (which is likely manageable) access and egress would be hell during those 4 days.

Back