Toronto Gibson Square Condominiums | 137.46m | 42s | Menkes | Rafael + Bigauskas

Tonight, Dec 19:

img1518vu.jpg

img1521kj.jpg

January 12/2013. vz64 - thanks for those night shots of Gibson and Hullmark - gives us a different perspective on the projects.

I bumped into an individual today taking photos of Gibson Square. He is looking for a professional photographer to do events (in particular Persian concerts etc). If you are interested, please let me know and I can forward you his details.

GIBSON-SQUARE-12-01-2013-1.jpg

GIBSON-SQUARE-12-01-2013-2.jpg

GIBSON-SQUARE-12-01-2013-3.jpg

GIBSON-SQUARE-12-01-2013-4.jpg

GIBSON-SQUARE-12-01-2013-5.jpg

GIBSON-SQUARE-12-01-2013-6.jpg

An extensive December UrbanToronto tour of Gibson Square is the subject of a front page story today.

Taken on Saturday - January 19/2013. Gibson to the right, Hullmark to the left, Emerald's cranes seen in the distance.

GIBSON-SQUARE-19-01-2013.jpg

Another shot of the windows going up. It sort of has a greenish tint to it. Actually, the cladding reminds me a lot of Bravo condos a little north on Yonge.

IMG_03831.jpg

If you check the day time renderings there are strips of pre-cast that run up to the 'garbage lid' at the top. I'm not too crazy about how this is looking. i don't like the massing - the buildings seem too wide - hopefully they'll get more sleek looking at full height. The original plan was for three 36 storey buildings but they instead went with a pair of 45 storeys and they seem to be making up the square footage through wider buildings. They also seem to be going with a different colour glass for the podium (light black) vs. the pale green above which I can't see looking too great.

Does anyone know what retail tenants will be going into the base? There seems to be way more info on the retail at Hullmark or Emerald Park than at Gibson Square.

From today, March 29/2013:

img1774nf.jpg

Considering that the height will almost double, the towers should look slim and tall. No idea about retail, sorry.

Retail?,.... are you kidding????

NorthYorkCityCentre across the street to the south,.... has basically half their retail space sitting empty,.... have you ever been in their lower concourse level?

EmpressWalk to the southeast has a few anchor tenant like Loblaws, FutureShop, Staples,.... which keeps the lower level busy,... now Dollarama gives a bit of life to the second level,.... but Empire Theatre just closed down.

Does it sound like this area can support more retail???? You might get a small retail mom&pop dry cleaner,... or another half empty Asian snack food place,... but there won't be a mall in the podium.

Back