Toronto Gibson Square Condominiums | 137.46m | 42s | Menkes | Rafael + Bigauskas

will take some shots this weekend (unless someone can do it earleir?). One of the reasons I am not taking Gibson Square pictures more often is lack of interest; usually there are no replies after pics posted on this thread...

Last edited:
Gibson Square starting to make an impact at street level. They are done the podium on the North/Eastern tower and are starting to work on the tower portion. The South/Western tower is just about done their podium.

GIBSON-SQUARE-09-11-2012-1.jpg

North/Eastern Tower
GIBSON-SQUARE-09-11-2012-2.jpg

South/Western Tower
GIBSON-SQUARE-09-11-2012-3.jpg

vz64, don't be discouraged if no one responds. There are people actively looking at this thread, but just don't respond. I have posted photos in threads that get very little feedback, but that doesn't discourage me from going out and shooting. I enjoy taking photos - it's more for me. Feedback would be appreciated, but in the end it's fun to get out and take photos.

thanks cruzin4u; I am not discouraged at all; I just didn't want to overwhelm this thread with too many pictures and not enough comments... I do like to take pictures too! I am going to test my new 10-22 wide-angle lens this weekend, which should get better panoramic views :)

Thanks for the snaps, vz64. I used to work down the street.

Its a shame the north west corner - and the House - will be swallowed by he condo. I always thought the greenery of the park gave some contrast to the strip of condos and offices nearby. It is the parking lot and hair product store on the north east corner that really kills the intersection.

Looking at the render, it is a shame its being built in 2012. Looks ten years old. The base in particular gets a failed mark.

Its a shame the north west corner - and the House - will be swallowed by he condo. I always thought the greenery of the park gave some contrast to the strip of condos and offices nearby. It is the parking lot and hair product store on the north east corner that really kills the intersection.
Not sure if it is being marked as heritage, but the building that houses the hair product store at the NE corner, was built in 1929 according to one of its cornerstone.

9 Nov 2012: Hadn't been up in this area on foot in years. A real shame how they've wrecked the feel of the historic home. A quality red brick podium by aA would've been a great improvement--sort of like in the DD.

Contrast the richness of red brick
20121109164544.jpg

to the dreary sameness of precast concrete
20121109163542.jpg

20121109163917.jpg

Back