Toronto Gibson Square Condominiums | 137.46m | 42s | Menkes | Rafael + Bigauskas

I am a little shocked at the silence regarding the fact that those new images depict ONLY ONE TOWER AS OPPOSED TO THE ORIGINALLY PLANNED TWO TOWER CONFIGURATION. What happened??

I don't mind the brown tinted glass ... no bad at all ~

thanks again PE

These renderings do improve the look of the building.

As to the question on where is Yonge St in relation to the model. Yonge would be on the east side, so in the model, the tower shown is the one on Park Home avenue (South tower), which would be just west of the Yonge/Park Home intersection, while the stub shown would be the tower that faces Yonge (phase 2, north tower).

Looks like they're opening a sales office in the base of a condo development on Yonge, north of the Madison Centre and south of the Cadbury building.

I forget the condo name, but its retail base includes a Rogers outlet, Running Room, and a Tim Horton's.

Daily Commercial News

CONDOMINIUM BUILDING
Proj: 9094051-3
North York, Metro Toronto Reg ON
NEGOTIATED/PLANNING
Gibson Square, 5170 Yonge Street, M2N 5P6
$68,000,000 est

Note: Detailed design is underway. Sales and Marketing are underway. Owner has finalized City Council site plan approvals and is seeking rezoning approvals. Schedules for Working drawings, will be determined late Spring/early Summer 2010 based on sales. Sub trade tender and construction schedules are undetermined. Further update May, 2010.

Project: 24 hour Concierge, 20,000 sq ft of amenity space at grade to include the Gibson Club; a recreation centre with an indoor swimming pool and outdoor terrace, weight & cardio area, yoga & aerobics area, his and hers saunas and change rooms; proposed construction of two 42 storey condominium towers with a total of 937 units. The buildings will be connected at grade level by a lobby and amenity space. The project will feature direct access to the North York City Centre Subway station from the lobby. The building will also include two party rooms with catering kitchen & bar, proposed for roof-level featuring a walk-out to the landscaped rooftop garden. Amenities include a theatre room, games room, Mah Jong and Bridge Room and two guest suites.

Scope: 93,782 m²; 42 storeys; 2 storeys below grade; 2 structures; 937 units; parking for 1105 cars

Development: New

Category: Apartment bldgs; Retail, wholesale services; Recreational bldgs

First report Wed Jan 07, 2009. Last report Thu May 21, 2009.
This report Fri Oct 02, 2009.

http://www.dailycommercialnews.com/cgi-bin/top10.pl?rm=show_top10_project&id=92b496054586c9b47f21621fd76e02ba66c9e338&projectid=9094051&region=ontario

I just called my real estate agent and checked it out. Price for all the units are increased approx. by $30000 to $50000 (from the vip sales) depending on the size. Some of that increase is b/c parking is not included anymore.

:confused: So NOT including parking is a reason to increase the price? This make no sense.

Back