Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

JBM also reports that the taller tower is 55 stories up from 46 ,and the shorter
tower is 25 srories down from 30.seems the thirty story was the worst shadow offender.

I wonder if the 205 metres includes the top of the fins or just to the mechanical? I'd say its a safe bet to put it at 672 ft. again since this was the original height that the project started out at when proposed at 55 floors as gbelan stated.

A project that just reaks of awesomeness, LOL!

Seriously though, I thought the floorplans were ho-hum. They're ok...I seriously think some of the more top-end suites should have been larger. And most have only 10' ceilings. I know most consider that to be fairly high, but in 'luxury circles' internationally, 12' ceilings are considered acceptable for large apartments. Toronto, besides selected new penthouses (Ritz, Trump, etc.) don't measure up.

10' ceilings ARE considered high by nearly any standard. Generally you're only going to get 12' in penthouse units in top-end buildings. But 2,500-3,000 sq foot apartments are fine with 10". Until recently 9" was considered high.

I demand:

1000 foot ceilings;) Oh yeah so it's on the roof where i live--i'm happy:)

But yeah i want to see 14 foot ceilings and enormous (20,000+ sq ft) mansions in the sky condos in Toronto someday. It will happen eventually.

Has anyone on this forum visited the sales centre? I have thought about it but wonder if they'd kick me out. However, being a good "story teller" I might convince them I want the penthouse suite.

I hope they wrap the old building in some shiny titanium or tile to update the bunker look.

internationally...Paris, NYC etc...

10' ceilings ARE considered high by nearly any standard. Generally you're only going to get 12' in penthouse units in top-end buildings. But 2,500-3,000 sq foot apartments are fine with 10". Until recently 9" was considered high.

I was referring to other cities, not standard ceiling heights in Toronto. There is no question that 10' ceilings are considered luxury product in Toronto, and 12' is for rare penthouses. I am referring to ceiling heights internationally... other cities (Paris, NYC, Istanbul, Vienna). I have a background in this area and developments/apartment ceiling heights in various cities ;)

"There is no question that 10' ceilings are considered luxury product in Toronto, and 12' is for rare penthouses. I am referring to ceiling heights internationally... other cities (Paris, NYC, Istanbul, Vienna). I have a background in this area and developments/apartment ceiling heights in various cities"

Would these be refurbishments of older historic structures which typically had higher ceilings or brand new residences?

Someone else in this thread mentionned 20,000 sq foot condos. The only ones I know of are proposed by Calatrava near the Brooklyn bridge but i dont think they are selling. Essentially 10 stacked cubes.

I went throught the sales centre this weekend. Strangely the two washrooms smelt awful like they hadn't been cleaned - anyway.

I think the decor was by Gluckstein who is a bit of a hack. Of course you can't really use high-end furniture in a model suite because it would get beaten up over time. There was an unimpressive library, again no time to do a proper job because they are in a race with Ritz and the Shangra Li. Lastly, I can't understand why the model suite living room has what appear to be 14 foot ceilings since none of the units will (except possibly the penthouse).

I make a habit of walking through sales centres and 1 St Thomas was superior, better finish selections etc.

That said Four Seasons will be great, most people either take and are happy with standard finishes or reject everything and start from scratch.

Unfortunate to hear that the muckity-mucks get mediocre finishes, too. But then they can afford to upgrade (and would probably avoid being caught failing to do so).

Not Constantinople.

Back