Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

The city report on 21 Avenue displays the heights of various towers in Yorkville at page 35.

It confirms that the height of the building will be 204 metres, however it does not say whether that is to the top of the mechanical roof, or to the top of the fins. Either way, it's nice to get another 200+ metre tower, especially in this neighbourhood.

Last edited:
Agreed 200+ metres is always nice :D and at 669ft its going to be more than 125ft over the area's current tallest, 44 Charles (manulife).
Most likely that would be to the top of the fins, unless they've been eliminated from the project...

Here are my shots of Four Seasons

204 Meters - Newly Updated Hieght!!!

ha!!

4262773375_97c7526cfd_b.jpg

4263538854_c543da400d.jpg

4263538868_e237fd3a6d_b.jpg

4262828623_0e770e25ff_b.jpg

I took all these photos....

Last edited:
It's very interesting how Yorkville's new form of development, instead of "small buildings up against each other" is "tall towers, spread apart". It seems that by including lots of plazas and open public space, the height of the new projects can be offset.

I do think it will make for an interesting neighbourhood eventually, with a mix of small houses, towers, and piazzas, all mixed together.

On that note, however, I wish this project had a lowrise building that stretched from Scollard down to Yorkville to continue the streetwall from the Scollard lofts block at 18 Yorkville. At least Great Gulf bricked up the end of that block when this project was starting up :).

As this is starting to take shape I'm getting a feeling that the rendering was very misleading. The tower looks very heavy in the rendering, but looking at the floorplate of the tower portion I think this is going to be almost needle-like as it rises. The smaller tower also feels like it's going to be tiny in comparison to what I was expecting. Looking at the site now I almost have trouble imagining a 25 storey tower going up on that tight little spot.

Nice updates :D!

Great progress too!.. we're at the 7th floor now! As it seems right now... this thing could overtake Trump once we get to the higher levels!

As this is starting to take shape I'm getting a feeling that the rendering was very misleading. The tower looks very heavy in the rendering, but looking at the floorplate of the tower portion I think this is going to be almost needle-like as it rises. The smaller tower also feels like it's going to be tiny in comparison to what I was expecting. Looking at the site now I almost have trouble imagining a 25 storey tower going up on that tight little spot.

Do you think either tower will be more "needle-like" than Cystal Blu - ie ratio of building height to floor-plate?

sweet!... triple kill! ^^^

3 projects in 1!

from this shpt Iits funny how Crystal will inevitably be blocked out by Uptown... And Uptown by Four Seasons... lol!

Manulife is maaaaassive! You can really appreciate how big it is when compared to Crystal Blue ion those pics. There is something about Manulife that I like. It may be a brutal concrete tower but a few of these in a skyline are nice. The absence of balconies helps the aesthetics as well.

Manulife is maaaaassive! You can really appreciate how big it is when compared to Crystal Blue ion those pics. There is something about Manulife that I like. It may be a brutal concrete tower but a few of these in a skyline are nice. The absence of balconies helps the aesthetics as well.

I love the Manulife building - its brutalism works because it is so monumental. I'm actually a little sad that Crystal Blu and the Uptown now block the view of the Manulife from the Northeast corner of Yonge and Bloor.

Back