Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Those street trees are coming in beautifully though! They should've continued it down the street so that the patio could have a bit more coverage I guess.

Warm summer evening, people were eating at dbar…

DSC02757.jpg

DSC02754.jpg

DSC02755.jpg

DSC02762.jpg

Attachments

• DSC02754.jpg
    DSC02754.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 1,505
  • DSC02755.jpg
    DSC02755.jpg
    286.4 KB · Views: 1,471
  • DSC02757.jpg
    DSC02757.jpg
    578.8 KB · Views: 1,481
  • DSC02762.jpg
    DSC02762.jpg
    312.3 KB · Views: 1,449
It's aA best tower, though the podium has issues.

More specifically the ground floor. As much as I like the dark-lit interior and extremely private feel this buildings lobby evokes, the fact that they covered almost the entire Bay/Yorkville frontage with a mostly blank wall with randomly placed window slits strikes me as odd. Even more so, aside from that tiny Four Seasons logo slapped on the wall at the uninspired, but ever so important Bay Street entrance, the Four Seasons doesn't really assert itself out there. Don't get me wrong, it's a beautiful building inside and out, but I don't really feel its presence whenever I walk by.
I'd much prefer if the gorgeous curtainwall carried itself all the way down to the street with perhaps a grander entrance and a larger logo.

And like that this thread was raised from the dead...

As per this article, the glass was shattered at the top of the building (penthouse level). I'm thinking it's probably from the glass fins that extend at the top, but I could be wrong. I wonder if it had to with interior renovations going on at the top (furnishing, maybe someone accidentally swung a ladder into it?) or a case of defective glass that so infamously haunts newer Toronto residential skyscrapers.

I really hope the two people are okay and that the report exaggerates this.

Seems pretty serious: http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/2015/09/10/glass-shatters-from-the-four-seasons-hotel

Two people have been hurt by glass that shattered from the top of the Four Seasons hotel on Yorkville Ave.

Police and firefighters were called to the building at about 1:15 p.m. Thursday.

Police say the glass came from the penthouse level on the south side along Yorkville Ave.

Part of the avenue has been closed as police investigate.

Paramedics say that the two people hurt have minor injuries after they got glass in their eyes.

This is just the latest incident of falling glass in the city. In April, glass shattered to the ground at two buildings on the same day - one at Bay and Dundas, the other at King and Spadina.

Glass has also fallen several times from the Shangri-La hotel on University Ave.

- See more at: http://www.newstalk1010.com/news/20...m-the-four-seasons-hotel#sthash.05y15OJy.dpuf

My photos do not show it but through my binoculars I can see that there is shattered glass still in place. They seem to be putting the plywood in place to perhaps funnel the remaining shattered glass onto the scaffolding.

My photos do not show it but through my binoculars I can see that there is shattered glass still in place. They seem to be putting the plywood in place to perhaps funnel the remaining shattered glass onto the scaffolding.
Cell phone through binoculars? I'm sure we would all love to see it up close.

Back