Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Pic taken July 28, 2011

Jm70l.jpg

I'm thinking Tower 2 should have been taller, but Tower 1 shorter. It really is overwhelming compared its surroundings. It amazes me how this thing got approved. I wonder what the history behind it is.

I'm thinking Tower 2 should have been taller, but Tower 1 shorter. It really is overwhelming compared its surroundings. It amazes me how this thing got approved. I wonder what the history behind it is.

I think it's perfectly placed! The fact you can see this building from pretty much anywhere in the City is proof that they thought out location before choosing this particular spot.
Looking at the photos from Yonge St, it fits in PERFECTLY! Looking at the building from Yorkdale 'Village', it looks like it belongs (more-so than the 'old'/current Four Seasons).
idk.. this is all just my opinion anyway.

You have a point, but possibly the city had in mind 1 Bloor, along with the knowledge that the future of this area would be built up... However, Yorkville is Yorkville, and this thing IS too tall lol! (but i love it)

The history is contained earlier in this thread. Some height was taken away from the shorter tower and added to the latter. I think it had to do with the shorter tower being the real culprit when it came to shadowing a nearby school yard.

You have a point, but possibly the city had in mind 1 Bloor, along with the knowledge that the future of this area would be built up... However, Yorkville is Yorkville, and this thing IS too tall lol! (but i love it)

This height is peanuts, if the rumour stands true that a 100 storey and a couple 80 storey structures are in the works for the area.

Four Seasons from Yonge St. / Jackes Av. You can also see Trump in the background.

skyline-31-07-2011-1.jpg

WOW! does the skyline looks like it's comprised of only a handful of building! looks very small town here! (the north part of the skyline away from the CBD)...

And yeah, it does look like we ended up with slight fins! (even though those metal/steel pole things cover up the entire roof, the actual corners pieces sit shorter than the sides! :D

WOW! does the skyline looks like it's comprised of only a handful of building! looks very small town here! (the north part of the skyline away from the CBD)...

And yeah, it does look like we ended up with slight fins! (even though those metal/steel pole things cover up the entire roof, the actual corners pieces sit shorter than the sides! :D

I took that photo from the Millwood Rd bridge (Pape Ave and Donlands Ave turn to Millwood Rd.).

The skyline does seem rather large when you are actually on the bridge. In photos, it does look like a small town from this vantage point.

Here are two fullsized images, which does help put things more into perspective.

Numero 1
Numero 2

Last edited:

You do realize I can take a photo of Manhattan with the right perspective and make it look just as small right ?

Four Seasons from Yonge St. / Jackes Av. You can also see Trump in the background.

four-seasons-31-07-2011-1.jpg

Whoa.. Hold up! There's a Movie Theatre here!?
Wow.. u learn somethin new every day!

It almost looks like it has fins already, thanks to their support beams. I can't wait til the glass panels are installed.
Any idea of a timeline for those?

ps: Have I mentioned I HATE Uptown, no matter the angle? lol

Whoa.. Hold up! There's a Movie Theatre here!?
Wow.. u learn somethin new every day!

It almost looks like it has fins already, thanks to their support beams. I can't wait til the glass panels are installed.
Any idea of a timeline for those?

ps: Have I mentioned I HATE Uptown, no matter the angle? lol

No, that's not a movie theater ... that's ciniplex's headquarters.

Back