Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

It's the McLennan building at UofT. It houses the department of physics. The observatories on the roof are actually working observatories, with telescopes. When I went to camp UofT many, many years ago, we used the telescopes to map sunspots on paper!

Went to U of T and had several classes in McLennan - I had no idea those were up there!

from today
20110625029.jpg

20110625042.jpg

20110625039.jpg

20110625034.jpg

Pic taken June 25, 2011

VUT7U.jpg

just looking at the 2nd tower, i think it's safe to say we won't be getting any fins, BUT, when you're standing at ground level, the thickness of the cladding at the corners will give the illusion of small fins. Much like First Canadian Place,

The latest images of FS has left me confused about the Penthouse. The floor plans clearly show four (4) terraces, one on each corner, however the top now doesn't match this. There are now two (2) floors above the last floor that has 4 balconies. OK, so the highest must be mechanical but what about the floor in between, with only 2 balconies on the North side?

Hmmmmm????

With that cladding it could actually be a good thing. The glass is quite reflective and so the opaqueness of the concrete wall behind it should not be visible from the ground level (under most conditions). From a distance it would just appear as another set-back, complimenting the terraces below.

The mechanical concrete box of the shorter tower is being clad in glass as well. That'll give us a good idea of what to expect from the larger tower, if the fins aren't in the works...

Back