Toronto Four Seasons Hotel and Private Residences Toronto | 203.9m | 52s | Lifetime | a—A

Today from Front and Church.

FourSeasons040411.jpg

This tower is really looking stunning. The glass is amazing, especially on a sunny day. It really is a monster too! Taller than anything around it!

Does anyone know if the tall tower has topped off yet?? How much higher can it go??

This tower is really looking stunning. The glass is amazing, especially on a sunny day. It really is a monster too! Taller than anything around it!

Does anyone know if the tall tower has topped off yet?? How much higher can it go??

I also think that the glass is brilliant, especially with the lines accentuating the north and south sides, I can't wait to see it complete.
Someone said a page or two back (this week) that there are about five floors left to go. The SubPH & PH suites have higher ceilings too, so there's a bit of height to go yet.

Cumberland Terrace won't last even one week, once these Towers have been completed.

Dont get it..:confused: unless you mean that in about a years time CT will be close to being demolished to make room for Oxford developments new project...Cant wait for that, from what i understand they are going taller than the original proposal, plus dont forget the re-clad of 2 Bloor west is included.:)

The floorplan for the penthouse always said level 55, just curious as to where the 52 stories came from (you can see level 55 in the bottom right corner of the layout):

And looking at the washroom again, i noticed the toilet(s) in the master bathroom are right up against the floor-to-ceiling windows. talk about a freakin awesome view while you're doing business! i'd be stuck on the toilet for hours if i lived here.... though it is pretty awkward as well, taking a dump on top of the world (with possible people looking at you).

FourSeasonsPenthouse.jpg

April 03, 2011 shot from Sheppard and Dufferin. If the weather had been like it was at 9:00 am, this shot would been better.

Just think what 1 Bloor and Charles are going to look like in the skyline from here.
5587523605_6bddc96cc8_b.jpg

5587524383_e3a2858bd2_b.jpg

with this perspective, heights of four seasons/aura/1bloor will be perfect in creating the balanced skyline illusion,
impressive.

Construction worker on site yesterday said they were on floor 50 with 5 more to go. Can he be right. Thought it was changed to 52 stories, but he was absolutely certain they were on 50 and there were 5 more to go. Was a foreman type with clipboard not actually hammering away.

The floorplan for the penthouse always said level 55, just curious as to where the 52 stories came from

I was wondering this too, and looked through the previous pages of this thread. It was announced at 55 storeys, and everyone here assumed it would be 55 storeys, but then in Nov 2008 maestro suddenly announced that it would be 52 storeys:

52 levels including mezzanine

No explanation or link, just the bare announcement. And it seems that everyone here took him at his word.

But in reality, 4S was always planned to be 55 storeys in height.

Tell them you heard it here at Urban Toronto first!
The most expensive condo suite in Toronto history has now been sold by Lifetime at the Four Seasons for $28M. Yes, $28M
Toronto is truly world class!

I am told that the penthouse has sold here for a number north of $20M but less than asking. Does anyone have more details on this?

Sold to a "European". They originally asked $30M.

UrbanToronto has been informed that this rumour is not true, and that the penthouse is still on the market.

It was announced at 55 storeys, and everyone here assumed it would be 55 storeys, but then in Nov 2008 maestro suddenly announced that it would be 52 storeys:

No explanation or link, just the bare announcement. And it seems that everyone here took him at his word.

But in reality, 4S was always planned to be 55 storeys in height.

UrbanToronto has been on two tours of the building. In both cases we were told that the building would be 52 storeys tall. Recently we contacted one of the developers to determine if the report that the tower would actually be 55 storeys tall were true. We were told 'yes'. We have asked for a clarification that there will be no skipped floors in that count. We have also asked for the total height of the building. Those questions have not been answered yet. We'll let you know when the response comes in, hopefully it will be soon!

UrbanToronto has been on two tours of the building. In both cases we were told that the building would be 52 storeys tall. Recently we contacted one of the developers to determine if the report that the tower would actually be 55 storeys tall were true. We were told 'yes'. We have asked for a clarification that there will be no skipped floors in that count. We have also asked for the total height of the building. Those questions have not been answered yet.

CONSPIRACY!!!

that's a nice shot by Sammo! interesting mix of architecture in the bunch, and i have to say Uptown pretty much always looks good from a distance.
man, i really wish they made that 2nd tower a bit taller, at least maybe 30-35 storeys. (or to where the glass on tower 1 currently sits).
anyway, just cool seeing residential houses then BAM!, four seasons (200m tower) in the background. downtown changer, almost manhattanizification. and with the trees in the foreground as contrast, it looks like a mini manhattan scene.

and am i the only one who immediately thinks of Fall when i think of Four Seasons hotel?

UrbanToronto has been informed that this rumour is not true, and that the penthouse is still on the market.
Then a Lifetime executive has a lot of esplaneing to do as this info came directly from his mouth and I have witnesses. He even stated that it had gone "firm" ie. 10 day cooling off period had elapsed. Perhaps the buyer backed out after the fact for an "administration" charge.

No tripod, just my hands trying to hold steady as I try to capture why my living room view is getting better by the evening. Uptown, Blue and Four Seasons are (from my point of view) the three new and fab NW sisters.

Attachments

• Uptown Blue and Four Seasons at night.jpg
    Uptown Blue and Four Seasons at night.jpg
    95.1 KB · Views: 147

Back