Toronto Four Eleven King Condominiums | 149.04m | 45s | Great Gulf | KPMB

is this the community meeting? has it not taken place already?

Yes it is.

Maybe 57 Spadina project is now part of this project and if so, the correct direction for both sites.

Could be major changes coming to this site and it will require more meetings. You can have more than 1 community meeting for a project.

is this the community meeting? has it not taken place already?

In Ward 20, Adam Vaughan works with developers to involve the community with preliminary consultation sessions, in advance of the formal, mandated City of Toronto Planning Department community consultation meetings. The 415 King West proposal has already had three prior informal (i.e. not the mandated City of Toronto Planning Department sponsored) presentations as it has evolved. I do not know if this is the final, formally mandated community meeting hosted by the City of Toronto Planning Department, or another one of the less formal Councillor sponsored community consultation sessions.

Boy tonight presentation was a big improvement over the last ones. Looks like CORE has been working with Diamond Corp on their 57 Spadina Ave project to the point that it balance both projects and conforms with the Hudson. Still don't like the chocolate bricks colour.

LBCO will be relocated to the 2nd floor now to allow better access to the condos towers as well the 3rd floor commercial units. Ground floor will be used for retail. Sidewalk on Spadina will be wider due to the building being push back from it. This also apply to the lane way.

The bike storage rooms are now located in the centre of the floor area on the 4-6 floors.

Based on talks tonight, there could be joint use of the lane way between it and the 57 Spadina project as well both being built at the same time.

Set back on Spadina will match the Hudson as well north of it.

This will not be the last presentation nor changes before final approval and construction starting.

8696830937_430cc42b3d_b.jpg

8696831695_bb707a2919_b.jpg

8696829931_2f45cc9e02_b.jpg

8696832383_71d6ca497c_b.jpg

Thanks drum for the update - really like how this project relates to other buildings along Spadina and really help to enclose the street in a very "metropolitan" kind of way.

AoD

drum118, thanks for the great report and pictures.

I too like this project and how it relates to its surroundings (and yes, that includes the use of those red bricks). I particularly like how it steps back from Spadina (with the shorter building out front) and what appears to be a decent retail form at ground level. Bring it on.

Thanks drum for the update - really like how this project relates to other buildings along Spadina and really help to enclose the street in a very "metropolitan" kind of way.

AoD

+1. I'm a big fan of surrounding the shorter building by the taller buildings as well. The one thing I'm concerned about is the retail frontage along Spadina; I think it's a mistake not to go for significantly higher 1st floor ceilings.

DtTO:

High (i.e. >1s) ceilings are not necessary for successful retail at grade. It increases costs while simultaneously lowering the profitability of the volume enclosed.

AoD

I can't find any mention, on UT, that indicate what's happening with the 2 huge parking lots behind Clarence Park. I would think that these lots would be on Vaughn's mind as they would affect the area. Anyone?

I can't find any mention, on UT, that indicate what's happening with the 2 huge parking lots behind Clarence Park. I would think that these lots would be on Vaughn's mind as they would affect the area. Anyone?

I can't see anything high density there, as shadowing on the Park would be a big no-no. Not sure if there are any proposals for any development atm. Some nice towns would be appropriate, I guess.

Loving this development and 57 Spadina, too. Will be such a huge improvement to the intersection and could really look top notch. Hudson and Charlie are two of my favorites, so hoping for more of the same here.

I don't get the intention of developers with designing buildings to look like it is 3 or more different ideas all stuck together without any unifying theme. The Spadina and King towers don't look like they belong together or are part of the same development and the heritage building isn't addressed in any way, it just looks like a tacked on after-thought - disappointing.

But it's not a tacked-on afterthought at all. It's quite deliberate, and it's meant to keep the project from looking like one giant monolith.

You still don't have to like it, but don't think for a minute that the architects have missed something.

You still don't have to like it, but don't think for a minute that the architects have missed something.

... except integrity, clarity of purpose, or respect for the work of other architects.

Any chance we'll see a revision that keeps the tower set back behind 401 King?

Back