Toronto Forma | 308m | 84s | Great Gulf | Gehry Partners

The CTBUH Toronto tour went into the Projectcore offices on Friday. The development is very much alive. They're still looking for just the right curtain wall system and glass to give them the look they want for the "waterfall" sections. Financing for the developing is coming together as well. Everything takes time, especially atypical projects. I know people get impatient, but here's hoping this is the classic "worth waiting for" scenario playing out.

^ I hope you're right but it has been awfully quiet.

I registered for information back in the spring and have received nothing.

The"news" section of the website hasn't been updated since August and even then doesn't mention the project.

It would ordinarily be a good time to start sales or at least open a sales centre - I would think they would like to know buyer interest to ease the mind of the financiers.

^I am regisered on there as well, but generally I find developers don't send a ton of information until they are thinking about going to market. As Interchange said, things take time and timelines get pushed back.

I was wondering if your recent comment in the Bay Adelaide thread was trolling, but it was a little too harebrained to say that for certain. Here though, it's pretty clear you're simply trolling, adding nothing to the conversation other than some querulous bleating. Mods?

Nothing too exciting to report here, I'm sure others received this holiday greeting from mirvish/gehry as well.

2016 launch by the sounds of it.

Yes, got the same thing. My heart was warmed, too. I tried reading into what, "we're looking forward to an exciting 2016" meant.

I wonder why it says Mirvish-Gehry "Vol 1."
I remember that there was a rumour floating around a while back that Mirvish is planning another tower for the western side of the side where the art gallery is supposed to go, like the original proposal. Maybe this is referring to that.

Oh. Ya I didn't even spot that. Definitely eludes to phases. Also interesting that Sara Diamond's name is on that. You don't attach the name of the president of OCADU unless you are serious. So I would say this is pretty good evidence that things are not being cancelled like some people wanted to speculate upon.

I wonder why it says Mirvish-Gehry "Vol 1."
I remember that there was a rumour floating around a while back that Mirvish is planning another tower for the western side of the side where the art gallery is supposed to go, like the original proposal. Maybe this is referring to that.

There won't be a third tower - it was negotiated out by The city.

There won't be a third tower
Append: "As a part of this project". Wait until the density is brought to the area and a couple of City Councils come and go. The gallery has been significantly downsized. Little is being invested into it. It looks like a placeholder for the future.

There's a huge exhibition of Frank Gehry's work on at the LACMA in Los Angeles, and the King West project features prominently -- in fact, it probably had the biggest model in the whole show. It partially made up for the curators' curious omission of the AGO, when much less significant buildings were included.

Anyway, nice to see this--and the model really shows the towers in context quite well I think.

Should you happen to be in LA, the show really is a must. Remarkable to see the evolution of Gehry's practice over the decades.
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 2,662
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 2,685

Back