Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

wow is that scaffolding going to go all the way up the building? That is pretty nuts!

Nope - most of the floors will be re-clad by means of a large, two-story moving platform that will work its way down the building. The scaffolidng will only cover the bottom floors. You can get an idea of how the platforms will work by watching the animated video that is available here: http://www.redefiningfirst.com/Overview/Vision.aspx

Nope - most of the floors will be re-clad by means of a large, two-story moving platform that will work its way down the building. The scaffolidng will only cover the bottom floors. You can get an idea of how the platforms will work by watching the animated video that is available here: http://www.redefiningfirst.com/Overview/Vision.aspx

Actually I think what we see being erected is the construction elevator and it WILL go all the way to the top of the tower according to the animation.

I'm most interested in seeing the first corner pieces installed since it is those pieces that will change the look of First Canadian Place the most.

I agree that they are building the construction elevators. They have taken two strips of marble off in order to give them a way to anchor the elevator to the wall. Construction personnel will use the elevator to access the moving platforms since the building is already in use and accessing the platforms through tenants space would not work.

by me

sany1618.jpg

Cal's developing a keen eye for more than the ladies! Or put differently... wow! awesome shot! super keen and far out (that outa span the generations).

Love the new yellow cladding.

P.S. I believe the geometric frits are hexagons (six triangles welded at the head).

Last edited:
I'm a little bit surprised that this project has received so little attention from the media. I have many friends and family who work in the core and none of them have any clue that this is going on. Considering the impact it will hopefully have on the skyline I would've thought it be bigger news.

I'm a little bit surprised that this project has received so little attention from the media. I have many friends and family who work in the core and none of them have any clue that this is going on. Considering the impact it will hopefully have on the skyline I would've thought it be bigger news.

Well, there would be endless, breathless, 24hr breaking news coverage of it on the Geek Channel.

I think we keep forgetting that not everyone gets excited by this stuff like us.

That's what makes UT so special.

Last edited:
It's gonna be a rough year or two for people who make a living out of taking skyline shots of Toronto... with FCP being undressed. I think everyone should take a 2 year hiatus.

Back