Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Attachments

• FCP reclad 021 Ab.JPG
    FCP reclad 021 Ab.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 332
  • FCP reclad 021 Bc.JPG
    FCP reclad 021 Bc.JPG
    19.1 KB · Views: 309
Last edited:
FCP Display

Thank you for the pics, especially the shot of the display model! Do you have any closer pictures of the model so I can read the writing on the display board?

Here are a few pictures I took with my phone. The quality isn't so great, but you can read some of what the board says.

IMG-20101015-00021.jpg

IMG-20101015-00022.jpg

IMG-20101015-00023.jpg

IMG-20101015-00024.jpg

I was walking down yonge street this morning. You can sort of see in the picture, and perhaps it's not complete, but the signage looks like CRAP. From college, you can barely make out what it says. This is compounded by how clear scotia and kpmg are. I think someone is gonna catch hell for this.

The sign really does look bad. It appears to have gone from bad to worse. :(

I was walking down yonge street this morning. You can sort of see in the picture, and perhaps it's not complete, but the signage looks like CRAP. From college, you can barely make out what it says. This is compounded by how clear scotia and kpmg are. I think someone is gonna catch hell for this.

Damn, I was hoping it was just the picture.. guess not

The BMO letters aren't as bold by day or at night like they used to be and they are nearly unrecognizable at sunrise & sunset. That's from about a little over a mile away.

This fritted glass might catch on.

Commercial and residential towers.

New and remedial work.

Looks promising for the makers of this process/product.

FCP your biggest show piece.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Above, the panels are moved down on Oct. 13th on the north & east sides. Below, one panel lowered on the north side today, Oct. 17th. This is really starting to move along now.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Though it does have that minty appearance so heavily commented on, I'm sure a lot of that is in contrast to the greying marble that's on the building now..
I'm almost positive that the tint won't be so prominent once the entire thing is done..

got to see this in person over the weekend as I was driving along the Gardiner... the new look is breath taking in comparison to the old worn marble. Also caught a glimpse of it at night on my return drive by and I think there is going to be a noticeable impact at night as the reflective quality of the glass adds another dimension to the skyline (as opposed to the former hulking gray frame by night)

Back