Toronto First Canadian Place Rejuvenation | 298.08m | 72s | Brookfield | MdeAS Architects

Yes exactly.

They look more green than I would have expected.

Ahh!! I see now... yeah they do look a little greener than I expected too.
I work at FCP and will try and get a better look tomorrow and confirm colour.

I'll take another look tomorrow and see if one of the darker corner panels has been installed.

I'll also have to look and see if the new panels are as green as they look in the picture. I'm a bit concerned that FCP is going to take on a green tinge, like half the new buildings in the city have.

That being said, the new cladding is really going to modernize the building. I think it will make a substantial difference.

can the green tinge be a protective plastic film covering the cladding that is to be removed after installation?

but i dunno. this isn't brass. it's just glass.

can the green tinge be a protective plastic film covering the cladding that is to be removed after installation?

but i dunno. this isn't brass. it's just glass.

Could be, but I think that would defeat the purpose of a test section... Testing for weather-proofing and durability would need to be the actual finished surface.

I think it's an overcast day plus comparison to the greying marble that's giving it a greenish look.

Could be, but I think that would defeat the purpose of a test section... Testing for weather-proofing and durability would need to be the actual finished surface.

I think it's an overcast day plus comparison to the greying marble that's giving it a greenish look.

i was thinking that maybe they didn't get around to peeling it off when the photo was snapped.

anybody notice new white cladding on the left side of the photo? is it marble or glass?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2712/4152627877_a88abdb6bb_o.jpg

i was thinking that maybe they didn't get around to peeling it off when the photo was snapped.

anybody notice new white cladding on the left side of the photo? is it marble or glass?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2712/4152627877_a88abdb6bb_o.jpg

Yeah, I noticed that too, but the new panels are the size of 8 of the old marble panels, yet that section on the lower left doesn't match up with these new full size panels. It seems to be made up of smaller sections than the full "8 square". Perhaps it's another test section of a different glass supplier?

Yeah, I noticed that too, but the new panels are the size of 8 of the old marble panels, yet that section on the lower left doesn't match up with these new full size panels. It seems to be made up of smaller sections than the full "8 square". Perhaps it's another test section of a different glass supplier?

who knows. maybe they're just testing for fit and size. maybe the color is irrelevant at the moment.

I agree... its because of the angle and reflections and maybe even white balance on the camera. Stop freaking out!

No one is freaking. All comments are not paranoid speculations. Sometimes it's just a discussion.

That being said... Then why does the marble look the way it normally does to the naked eye on a cloudy day? It too should seem greenish if your "white balance/inside other building" theory were accurate.

not to start an argument or whatever, but glancing back a page the first image clearly has a blue cast to it and the second on has a green cast. atl;east on my computer... I'm sure there's nothing to worry about.

OMG I'm freaking out!!! :)

You can actually see the new panels from the ground level. When I was walking to work this morning I checked them out using the Mark One eyeball from King and York. They do have a bit of a greenish tinge to them, not as much as the picture indicates but it is there.

If that is the final product I think FCP is going to go from a whitish/grey colour to a whitish/green colour. Either way nothing I'm going to freak out about. Also I'm not sure how they will look in sunlight as the last couple of days have been pretty overcast.

I'll have to check out the panels on the lower right side, I think they're replaced marble but I'm not sure.

Here's a pic from today. I can confirm that in the lower right corner of FCP they have put up one of the darker panels to test. Also the bright white squares on the left side at the bottom of the building at just new marble panels, not the new glass.

Also note that there is a lineup of 6 very large lights lying at the base of the building.

4156176410_95fcb50c0c_o.jpg

Back