Toronto Festival Tower and tiff Bell Lightbox | 156.96m | 42s | Daniels | KPMB

Is it me, or does anyone else have that "stained/dirty kitchen tile feeling" when it comes to the cladding on the actual mechanical lightbox atop this tower... It looks kinda dirty and old school, especially with the greenish/whitish tile look to it (its not necessarily bad but i get this weird sensation)

i think its just me :p

yes, its equally as bad as KPMB's MLS development. I really dont like this building very much at all... though coming in on the Gardiner or King St from the west, this building (along with M5V) adds a whole extra layer to the skyline!

yes, its equally as bad as KPMB's MLS development. I really dont like this building very much at all... though coming in on the Gardiner or King St from the west, this building (along with M5V) adds a whole extra layer to the skyline!

I don't think it's that bad, but I'm not impressed either. The yellowish pre-cast was a poor materials choice. The windows don't really match the others used on the building and seriously detract from the design. Overall, the tower looks like it was just dropped on the base. The black paneling looks sloppy too.

you guys like chicks?

When the girls see cal with the cam, they can't help but get on film

[video=youtube;D-krqDOoLvg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-krqDOoLvg[/video]

by me

sany1778.jpg

Last edited:
This hardly seems necessary after Drum's fantastic update, but I was out with the blackberry.

tiff1.jpg

tiff2t.jpg

tiff3.jpg

I didn't realize I would like this one as much as I do. Funny what a difference a slight change in materials can make - the long expanses of hazy white balconies give this building a fresh and modern feel. The top is even kind of catching from certain angles, the way it's sliced into unequal parts, especially when viewed from the east. Boxy, but classy. An improvement over my expectations.

Last edited:
Design wise, this tower stayed very true to the renders!, thats probably why this tower doesn't WOW me as much because i feel like i've seen it before (blame the renders :p)!

Urbandreamers gonna be loosing and gaining cranes very soon :D!!!!

Love the excitement!, you're view is sweet! :)

There will be plenty more towers that will show from this angle like ICE, 18 York, Success 2, 300 Front, the proposals behind festival, etc....

sure the design is conservative, but it will age better than some of the flashy condos out there.

I like the frosted balcony railings, it creates a strong modern look and it reduces the visual clutter of people's furniture and other stuff.

I really like this building and think that its tower has a very unique look (one can point to many aA clones across North America, but KPMB's tower has no twin sister in any other city). Its a shame though that the black cladding on the front turned out so horrible looking (here's hoping that the construction damage or wear is fixed before the workers declare this building finished).

Back