Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Add an environmental assessment and possible soil remediation/removal to that.

This looks like it'll be a fantastic building from the outside, but after looking at the floorplans, I'm not so convinced about the actual living spaces. A large portion of the layouts have some pretty awkard uses of space. It feels as if the exterior appearance drastically affected them so that many units became huge force-fits.

That being said, some of the larger suites look pretty amazing.

I agree, some of the larger floorplans are great. But if you want anything decent, it's over $400k. Maybe it's just me but it seems overpriced.

^With condo sales slowing down (Brad Lamb is quoted somewhere on UT (a T Star article?) saying condos take twice as long to sell as they did last year; so if Freed sold 25% of his other buildings to insiders/buddies of his before the agents and public got to buy in 2007, he's probably only gonna get 10% from his investors in 2008+. Another year to get to the magic 67% sold for construction financing, construction delays, 2 years minimum to build the place....gets you to EOY 2012.

Well, they have not had the broker event yet and almost 30% of the units are gone, about 100 units are already sold. this project will be 70% sold easily by mid July.

Freed always sells units before a broker event. Now that the company sells its own product, existing owners get first crack at the new units. You can bet that a lot of the choice units are already gone.

This looks like it'll be a fantastic building from the outside, but after looking at the floorplans, I'm not so convinced about the actual living spaces. A large portion of the layouts have some pretty awkard uses of space. It feels as if the exterior appearance drastically affected them so that many units became huge force-fits.

That being said, some of the larger suites look pretty amazing.

.. had a look at the PDF of the floor plans and have to agree with the comment above, the layouts for the 1-bedroom units typically seemed to be long and narrow with the bedroom situated between the bathroom and living/dining area.

Does anyone know who's doing the launch for this? Brad Lamb was usually the broker for Freed's projects but this development doesn't appear to be listed on Lamb's website.

.. had a look at the PDF of the floor plans and have to agree with the comment above, the layouts for the 1-bedroom units typically seemed to be long and narrow with the bedroom situated between the bathroom and living/dining area.

Does anyone know who's doing the launch for this? Brad Lamb was usually the broker for Freed's projects but this development doesn't appear to be listed on Lamb's website.

I thought Freed booted BJL from all their projects? I'm not sure what the story is there, but I heard this... And also noticed that the "contact us" links for the 550 Wellington West and Seventy5 websites point to Freed's offices.

Where did you see the Fashionhouse floorplan PDF's?

Brad Lamp is not longer the broker for Freed's projects. Peter Freed has created his own brokerage firm called Private Service Realty and they are launching Fashionhouse now. Some of the agents who were working with Brad Lamp before, they are now working with Freed.

I thought Freed booted BJL from all their projects? I'm not sure what the story is there, but I heard this... And also noticed that the "contact us" links for the 550 Wellington West and Seventy5 websites point to Freed's offices.
I read in another thread that Freed somehow became vertically integrated and are now selling their own product.

Brad Lamp is not longer the broker for Freed's projects. Peter Freed has created his own brokerage firm called Private Service Realty and they are launching Fashionhouse now. Some of the agents who were working with Brad Lamp before, they are now working with Freed.

Lamb is developing condos...I guess everyone is becoming vertically integrated.

^Exactly. Lamb is a developer now, and as such is in competition with Freed.

I always think of that book cover from the Kurtzman/Elder MAD "Starchie" parody: "FREUD IS A FRAUD BY FREED"

There are much, much better avenues to invest in and make money than real estate. I think you missed the boat with respects to huge percentage increases year over year and in fact the odds favour a slight decline as a whole bunch of units bought by flippers come online and flood the market.

Back