Toronto Fashion House | ?m | 12s | Freed | Core Architects

Yeah, I think I mentioned in this thread last week that the Freed people would probably want that taken down once they found out about it. Especially because it was a relatively low quality scan of the book. I guess they found it, and I'm also guessing that the realtor probably lost his invite to their opening too.

So it appears that the 1 storey addition infront of the too-be-preserved historical building has NOT been dismantled, but instead, clad entirely in glass and is becoming the FashionHouse Sales Centre (judging from fancy interior fireplace, etc.)

I assume that once the project actually gets off the ground this new sales-centre-thing will be removed, so they can restore the historical building.

I think the sales centre was to open this weekend. Last night, there was lots of drywall work being completed post 10pm, and the glass looks like it is ready to be installed today. I'm wondering if they will add a bit of orange and pink behind these glazings, a la the curtain method. Hmmmm.

I think the sales centre was to open this weekend. Last night, there was lots of drywall work being completed post 10pm, and the glass looks like it is ready to be installed today. I'm wondering if they will add a bit of orange and pink behind these glazings, a la the curtain method. Hmmmm.
Actually the sales centre is opening tomorrow at 6pm

June 19 2008

2593456472_3fc610f1b0_b.jpg

this one is gunna be REAL nice

Stopped by the sales centre tonight, it was abuzz with beautiful people buying their condos.
Looks like Mr Freed as another winner (at least the 10 day conditional kind) as lots and lots of red dots on the wall of sold units. Looked like 2/3 of the building already gone.
IMO, the marketing for this project has been way above average, probably matches the cost too.

Has anyone seen the TV ad for this development? Lately, it seems like many of the local condo developments are advertising themselves on television, which is something I never noticed before. I wonder what this means?

Means they're getting desperate. I wonder how many red dots are just realitors buying condos for themselves.

I'm sure we'll see them release some information about it being 80% sold out only to go back down to 60% in a few weeks.

Dropped into the sales centre this aft and they've already released their 2nd phase bldg on Adelaide because of the number of sales on the wknd. Prices in the $500-700ft range (not including parking at $35000 space and only available for units over 700sqft). While I really like the exterior design of the building, I just can't see why someone would buy. 80% of these units will have mediocre to poor views and they already have any appreciation over the next 5-8 years built in. As an investor, unless you have 50-60% downpayment for a 1 bedroom or 60-80% downpayment for a 2+, your rent will never cover your costs (there will also be a glut of rentals in this exact space over the next 3 years because of the completion of 455 Adelaide, 550 Wellington West and 650 King West). Plus, this part of King West between Spadina and Bathurst is very quickly becoming an extension of the entertainment district. Walked along it on Saturday night and it was crowded, loud, and the opposite of chic and sophisticated. Farther along King West is better. Still close to everything but actually quiet and unassuming.

Plus, this part of King West between Spadina and Bathurst is very quickly becoming an extension of the entertainment district. Walked along it on Saturday night and it was crowded, loud, and the opposite of chic and sophisticated. Farther along King West is better. Still close to everything but actually quiet and unassuming.

I think you're mistaken. This stretch of King is indeed an extension of the entertainment district, but it's far more upscale than, say, Richmond & John. The demographic is entirely 25+ and the venues reflect that. King starts to get pretty ugly further west of here. This would certainly brighten up the area west of Bathurst, but it's way too upscale for that nabe.

This is definitely the right spot for a condo like this outside of Yorkville.

Back