Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

HCafe's soft opening today attracted a line up spanning from the store to well outside the mall. That was quite a sight.

I'm like, huh? I have to line up and I have to pay? The line at times seems to be backing up to TTC entrance near Yonge Street.
IMG_2472.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2472.JPG
    IMG_2472.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 408
From the defaulted, retail-condo and office-condo units; developer discounted 5% off the defaulted units, but had to liquidated unit 117 at 30% off - it's the weird retail unit with 3 pillars! I'm hearing it'll become tattoo shop.
IMG_2488.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_2488.JPG
    IMG_2488.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 520
HCafe wasn't the only EmeraldPark store to open on Canada Day; Jerk King finally opened! Quite busy too, for good reason:
IMG_2793.JPG

IMG_2790.JPG

Above photo also shows hint of the new garbage/recycle bin City recently installed on Yonge Street in front of EmeraldPark just north of Poyntz Ave. Now Emerald Park Yonge frontage street furniture includes bench in front of TimHortons, 3 bike rings, and garbage/recycle container.

Attachments

• IMG_2790.JPG
    IMG_2790.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 378
  • IMG_2793.JPG
    IMG_2793.JPG
    2.1 MB · Views: 482
Working our way south,.... the Golden Rice Noodle Place with Yonge frontage (next to Presotea) that's one of the first EmeraldPark stores to announce their opening soon,.... is finally open and quite busy!

IMG_3209.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3209.JPG
    IMG_3209.JPG
    2.3 MB · Views: 411
Warning: EmeraldPark mall will be over run with stylish rich kids,... well, more of them now!
Warning to parents, do NOT let your kids know about this store,.... otherwise your kids will be asking for more money!

Supreme officially opened yesterday near the southwest corner of EmeraldPark mall along Poyntz Ave. Yep, the same Supreme that's in Aura - they specialize in selling limited edition and hard to get sneakers and sportswear,... and they're already packing them in!!!

IMG_3211.JPG

IMG_3218.JPG

IMG_3221.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_3211.JPG
    IMG_3211.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 411
  • IMG_3218.JPG
    IMG_3218.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 389
  • IMG_3221.JPG
    IMG_3221.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 413
Last edited:
The store is call Essential Toronto, not Supreme. They are a consignment store.

Yes, I stand corrected, that's how un-hip and old I am. Now I'll get new prescription for my bi-focal glasses.

Still, it's wonderful that NYCC gets a good variety of retailers in new condo buildings. It isn't just another combination of a pharmacy, bank, Starbucks, and a dry cleaner. NYCC has something special going for it in terms of the mix of businesses along Yonge Street. It's one of the city's most interesting neighbourhoods.

From the defaulted, retail-condo and office-condo units; developer discounted 5% off the defaulted units, but had to liquidated unit 117 at 30% off - it's the weird retail unit with 3 pillars! I'm hearing it'll become tattoo shop.
View attachment 113442

Someone I know wanted to open a jewelry shop in this unit but decided they could not because every unit at Emerald Park is open on the top ceiling of the unit. Someone can technically climb over from one unit to the other through the ceiling.... Would've been a nightmare security-wise.

Still, it's wonderful that NYCC gets a good variety of retailers in new condo buildings. It isn't just another combination of a pharmacy, bank, Starbucks, and a dry cleaner. NYCC has something special going for it in terms of the mix of businesses along Yonge Street. It's one of the city's most interesting neighbourhoods.

I agree but I think this is true of several other places in Toronto - Koreatown (the other one), the Junction, Leslieville, St. Clair West, and a lot of the west end too.

Someone I know wanted to open a jewelry shop in this unit but decided they could not because every unit at Emerald Park is open on the top ceiling of the unit. Someone can technically climb over from one unit to the other through the ceiling.... Would've been a nightmare security-wise.

This unit "had" a open top gap to the north, but the high end headphone place sealed it as part of the requirement from their insurance company.

I agree but I think this is true of several other places in Toronto - Koreatown (the other one), the Junction, Leslieville, St. Clair West, and a lot of the west end too.

That's just one interesting aspect of NYCC. It also has amenities not available in many neighbourhoods like Mel Lastman Square, the North York Civic Centre, North York Central Library (the public library with the largest collection of circulating material in the city), the Toronto Centre for the Arts, two subway lines, as well as various corporate and government offices.

easy 401 access too. I've always enjoyed the appeal of NYCC for its amenities, urban feel, and easy access to both the suburbs and downtown. I just wish Yonge didn't feel like such a freeway, though that may yet change.

That's just one interesting aspect of NYCC. It also has amenities not available in many neighbourhoods like Mel Lastman Square, the North York Civic Centre, North York Central Library (the public library with the largest collection of circulating material in the city), the Toronto Centre for the Arts, two subway lines, as well as various corporate and government offices.

I think this is largely due to the city building work of Mel Lastman, who really did want North York to become a metropolitan rival to Downtown Toronto.

Back