Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

I wish they'd build some huge ski hill with it or at least use it to make some nice rolling hills. This city is so flat.

Seriously. Why not make Centennial Hill 3 or 4 times as high? It's already there and it would be so easy, and would benefit Toronto's citizens instead of paying extra to dump it all in the middle of nowhere. Our civic leaders have zero vision.

Perhaps they could use the fill for something useful like widening the public realm along the central waterfront around the ferry docks or building a new waterfront neighbourhood extending into the lake. There are so many possibilities.

Indeed. Instead of having the central waterfront lined with condos, how about extending the existing landfill out another 100m or so and creating something open to the public -- parks, cultural facilities, or something else that attracts people?

Indeed. Instead of having the central waterfront lined with condos, how about extending the existing landfill out another 100m or so and creating something open to the public -- parks, cultural facilities, or something else that attracts people?

Great idea!

DSC_0599.JPG

I agree that's a great idea, especially in the places where condos have been built too close to the water's edge (e.g. by Harbourfront).

Once again thanks Jiv for the pics

at this pace i'd say we can probably expect to see a crane on site by early November. what do you guys think?

Last edited by a moderator:
Once again thanks Jiv for the pics

at this pace i'd say we can probably expect to see a crane on site by early November. what do you guys think?

They are humming along pretty well now, a regular parade of dump trucks arrive at the south gate and exit at the north one while that backhoe keeps scooping out the soil. At the same time the drilling machine is working on shoring holes for about six more pilings on the west side and a few more on the north. The whole site will be shored.

Unfortunately I cannot attach pictures.

They are humming along pretty well now, a regular parade of dump trucks arrive at the south gate and exit at the north one while that backhoe keeps scooping out the soil. At the same time the drilling machine is working on shoring holes for about six more pilings on the west side and a few more on the north. The whole site will be shored.

Unfortunately I cannot attach pictures.

thanks for the description though. digging should be easier with all the shoring equipment out of the way.

thanks for the description though. digging should be easier with all the shoring equipment out of the way.

Well the shoring equipment will be there for a while yet, there are about 6 drill holes yet to do on the east side and another 5 on the north.

Back