Toronto Emerald Park Condos | 128.92m | 40s | Bazis | Rosario Varacalli

well, if they could purcahse the red brick building with the Miky D's and then work with the TTC to build on top of their bus terminal, this could make a wonderful mixed use development. As much as some may hope for it, I do not believe a 100% commercial use building have the market demand to recoup the cost. Prices for office condos in the area ranges from $400 to $500/sq, while residential condos are in ranges in the high 500's, some even in the $600 range. This is beside the fact that residential developments are sold very fast while office units are left behind.

The Empty land adjacent to the McDonalds buildings is owned by the City of Toronto. The Red Building is owned by Dov Capital (H&R Group/Lindvest/Lanterra)
I'm assuming they have an option to purchase the vacant land for this commercial development which seems to really underuse the site's potential.

well i'm sure that Dov Cap have the means to make the investment, but it doesn't mean they want to atm. Maybe they're waiting on interest rates to raise so that they can acquire the land at a cheaper price.

Anyone know what's going on with the construction of Emerald Park?

From what I can see, the work is progressing inside to drill for the pilings, pour the concrete and place them.

They are working on the north side of the lot and a bit on the south. Today the access to Bogert Avenue (on the north side) was blocked so that some excavation work could be carried out on the street. There was a small backhoe and a good sized pile of earth as a result. Vehicles going north or south on Beecroft to the west, could not turn onto Bogert, although access from Yonge was still open. This might be some sort of excavation for services.

There is not much excavation on the main site yet until the pilings for the shoring are in place and of course the rain has slowed everything.

I've walked around the site today and took some peeks inside. The steel retaining wall braces (the steel beams or whatever they're called) have been mostly placed into the ground on the northern and southern edge of the site, while the western side is around half finished. Drilling on the eastern edge of the site where there is still pavement present has not yet been started.

To my best counting abilities, there are around 16 steel retaining wall braces left lying on the ground. Wither or not these are what's left or if they are going to import more beams is unknown.

There are also a number large steel tubes lying around on the site. I have not any idea on their intended purpose.

There seem to also be a hole along the western edge of the site that is half drilled. I'm assuming that drilling will continue next week when we have some decent weather.

My attributes for literary depiction is juvenile at best. Does anyone have the means to take a photo from a location overlooking this site so that we can have a firsthand account of what's going on?

Thanks in advance.

Not much has changed. There is a column standing on the north side of the site which looks kind of odd.

DSC_0507.JPG

https://picasaweb.google.com/jtigas/BazisEmeraldParkCondos?feat=directlink

Here are two comparative shots from today; Emerald and Hullmark.

Much more activity in Hullmark compared to Emerald Park. At 3:00 in the afternoon little activity at all on the Emerald site.

Size leaves a bit to be desired.

Attachments

• Hllmrk_excv-31-05-2011.JPG
    Hllmrk_excv-31-05-2011.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 247
  • Emrld_excv-31-05-2011.JPG
    Emrld_excv-31-05-2011.JPG
    38.9 KB · Views: 275
Here are two comparative shots from today; Emerald and Hullmark.

Much more activity in Hullmark compared to Emerald Park. At 3:00 in the afternoon little activity at all on the Emerald site.

Size leaves a bit to be desired.

Nice shots NYK.

anyone know what stage of the shoring processs they're on? Should we expect more equippment on site once the dig starts?

UD2

If you look on the south side of the site (right hand of picture, Poyntz Ave.) you will see a row of piles that have been sunk already.

There is also a row on the west side and a few on the north; the progress has been slow on the north the last few days. I would expect excavation to start after that with more computer.

We will see.

Back