Toronto Eaton Centre (Ongoing Renewal) | ?m | ?s | Cadillac Fairview | Zeidler

Weren't Eaton's offices in the 1 Dundas West tower before moving into the 250 Yonge tower?

I have no idea where the offices were located once the old Main Store was demolished - presumably on an upper storey(s) of the new store. In 1992, the Eaton's offices moved to 250 Yonge (then called Eaton Tower). A skywalk was built, connecting the 6th floor of Eaton Tower to the 6th floor of the store - a skywalk which is still there, even despite the massive renovations that have taken place in the old department store space in the last couple of years. Elevators in both elevator banks at 250 Yonge (even the elevator bank for the upper floors that wouldn't otherwise have normally stopped at the 6th floor) had buttons that would take you to the Eaton's store, even if one didn't work in the Eaton's offices.
Interesting - thanks. I'll admit that I never noticed the walkway before.
upload_2016-12-5_11-52-32.png

Google

Attachments

• upload_2016-12-5_11-52-32.png
    upload_2016-12-5_11-52-32.png
    751.2 KB · Views: 789
Last edited:
Hendrick's Restaurant will get street-facing presence here in Fall 2017. Their actual website isn't working for me. Their Instagram is hendriksrestaurant. It includes a render.

This might be what you're looking for:

If I ventured in the slipstream
Between the viaducts of your dream
Where immobile steel rims crack
And the ditch in the back roads stop

Van Morrison

If they piped in this music in TEC it would go a small way in making up for CF's unceasing blandification of what was once a notable tourist attraction.

If they piped in this music in TEC it would go a small way in making up for CF's unceasing blandification of what was once a notable tourist attraction.
I once heard Grace Jones' suggestive "Pull Up to the Bumper" playing in the old Sears store, of all places.

Weren't Eaton's offices in the 1 Dundas West tower before moving into the 250 Yonge tower?

Belated response - yes, they were. And the Eaton brothers'/president/CEO offices were on the 20th and 21st floors or so (midway up the tower) with a two-storey staircase connecting the floors and full double height/two storey windows facing south - still configured that way for new tenants and still visible (the double height windows) from the south.

Looks like the bridge replacement will be happening this summer. As part of the story about the Queen streetcar service being shut down entirely from May to September - this note was in the report.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toronto/501-queen-closure-1.4004230

Green cited ongoing track work around Queen Street East and Coxwell Avenue, continued work west of Roncesvalles Avenue, and the upcoming replacement of the pedestrian walkway bridge to the south side of the Eaton Centre, which requires the removal of streetcar cables in the area.

I've lost track, but when those renderings came out, didn't Cadillac say that they were illustrative and that it wouldn't necessarily be that skywalk? Have they confirmed the design since then?

Back