News   Apr 26, 2024
 2K     4 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 434     0 
News   Apr 26, 2024
 1K     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I can't see how anyone could like this. Where the Line 5 sign?

Is it me, or are the symbols quite small. It's hard to tell with the poor angles.

If the new signs become ubiquitous at every station entrance, the obelisk design could become an iconic part of the transit system.
It seems unlikely that Metrolinx would even keep sign the same until they are at most locations - let alone ubiquitous. Would would their branding staff ever do, if they'd already branded everything?

I'm surprised they haven't picked new train colours already, now that half the fleet is painted.

It’s fine to pick a design - even if I (and others) disagree about its utility. The problem is they haven’t committed. If they want (T) to be iconic and regionally understood, Metrolinx should come with money and work with all transit agencies in the region to incorporate it with their existing signage. Instead, what we have is inconsistent application - even within Metrolinx properties.

Mark my words: this will get thrown out and redone in a decade.

I think the TTC logo is far too small to be seen/understood at a distance, and that is equally true of the T, assuming anyone understands that at all.
Yeah, I'm not at all certain it's a safe assumption that people know what the T means. I have yet to ever hear it come up in regular conversation, or to see it any promotional materials like printed maps.

It's no Roundel. Or, for that matter, TTC logo.

I noticed new signs up at the Mt Dennis station last week and my first thought was how bad the UP signage was. This isn't just the picture, this is what it looks like in person. Same on the more western entrance to the station

20230905_123216.jpg

I noticed new signs up at the Mt Dennis station last week and my first thought was how bad the UP signage was. This isn't just the picture, this is what it looks like in person. Same on the more western entrance to the station

View attachment 506600
All I see here are three transit operators: MBTA, GO and the TTC 🙃

All I see here are three transit operators: MBTA, GO and the TTC 🙃
And I thought the T was for Translink.

There's nothing wrong with coming up with a standardized symbol. But only if they are serious about it. And how white on glass 50 feet over the door is a good idea I don't know.

1694806040321.png

Speaking of Mount Dennis, it's nice to see you can walk through the back door to get to transit!
1694806237571.png

The SEPTA-like arrows still remain at Pickering GO from the wayfinding pilot project that’s maybe from 4-5 years ago. Not to mention all the signage and maps are now ridiculously out of date.

The SEPTA-like arrows still remain at Pickering GO from the wayfinding pilot project that’s maybe from 4-5 years ago. Not to mention all the signage and maps are now ridiculously out of date.
Only 4-5 years? They still haven't put the current 10-year old logos with the bigger T in many, if not most, of the stations. At least 3 different GO 'T' Logos, with earlier shades of Green.

1694827345574.png

Though hard to tell, given how madly some of the greens fade in the sun.

Back