News   May 09, 2024
 509     0 
News   May 09, 2024
 822     1 
News   May 09, 2024
 550     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

A Friday announcement might make sense…?
You maybe lucky to hear something before Nov, but more like some time in Dec if you read the write up on it correctly

This is just pure comedy at this point: Metrolinx has delayed their announcement on how far delayed the project is?

I mean what are we even talking about anymore with this gongshow. I thought the Confederation Line was a laughing embarassment, but this project might even find a way of being even worse.

I mean what are we even talking about anymore with this gongshow. I thought the Confederation Line was a laughing embarassment, but this project might even find a way of being even worse.
Now that I think about it, some companies are involved in the delivery of both systems. There’s a possibility they’re now fixing mistakes on Eglinton that were experienced in Ottawa. B I G Y I K E S !!

Work seems to be happening everyday at Eglinton now. It’s frustrating that it takes until a delay going years in the future for them to take it seriously. Did not see this level of work last summer when the line was supposed to open end of 2022.

Work seems to be happening everyday at Eglinton now. It’s frustrating that it takes until a delay going years in the future for them to take it seriously. Did not see this level of work last summer when the line was supposed to open end of 2022.
Mississauga is way behind on their LRT to the point that I will say ML has taken lessons learn from the Ottawa and Line 5 mess by applying then to the Hurontario Line. I hope that is the case, otherwise it will be another Line 5 mess. Don't see it opening as plan as well being complete by the end of 2024 as per contract.

Finch so far has seen better luck on its line, considering I was sure it would not be completed until early 2020 compared to be where it is today.

One lesson ML has learn and has apply it to the Line 5 Extension, break the contract up than do the one big one.

I feel Hamilton is on hold because of Line 5 mess with the province saying lets get it right from day one with lesson learn from Line 5 mess.

Time to find time to have a look at Line 5 again in detail for the east end.

Mississauga is way behind on their LRT to the point that I will say ML has taken lessons learn from the Ottawa and Line 5 mess by applying then to the Hurontario Line. I hope that is the case, otherwise it will be another Line 5 mess. Don't see it opening as plan as well being complete by the end of 2024 as per contract.

Finch so far has seen better luck on its line, considering I was sure it would not be completed until early 2020 compared to be where it is today.

One lesson ML has learn and has apply it to the Line 5 Extension, break the contract up than do the one big one.

I feel Hamilton is on hold because of Line 5 mess with the province saying lets get it right from day one with lesson learn from Line 5 mess.

Time to find time to have a look at Line 5 again in detail for the east end.
Breaking the contract up makes sense. Fingers crossed it gets better from here. I think the large part of the issue was Metrolinx just didn’t have the experience and expertise to properly manage the project, so left it all up to the contractor. When they messed up there was no one there to supervise. This seems to be common in a lot of other North American jurisdictions with heavy usage of consultants and little internal expertise.

Much of the visual work happening now is for things such as landscaping and signage - stuff that is very visible because it is happening around the stations and portals, and that could have been done once the line was up and running.

The work happening last year - and there was lots of it - was happening underground where it would be much harder to see at a glance.

Dan

Back