News   Jul 19, 2024
 461     0 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 1.9K     4 
News   Jul 19, 2024
 721     1 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

I wonder if having heated shelters outside on the platforms would cause problems with homeless poel trying to sleep in them?

Considering that they only stay on for a few minutes at a time, I think it would be difficult to sleep without freezing at some point.

The full seal that the heated GO shelters provide are prime for teenagers looking for locations to hot box however, especially the more isolated ones. I remember walking into one of the shelters at Kennedy GO and it absolutely reeking of weed a few times.

I wonder if having heated shelters outside on the platforms would cause problems with homeless poel trying to sleep in them?
I must be missing something. How can heated platforms outside provide heat that will do much good or not waste money providing heat to heat outside platforms

I must be missing something. How can heated platforms outside provide heat that will do much good or not waste money providing heat to heat outside platforms

The heated shelters are generally sealed, with doors. They do not heat the whole platform, you walk inside, the door closes behind you, and if the temperature is under a certain threshold, you can press the button inside to activate the heater for a few minutes.

The heated shelters are generally sealed, with doors. They do not heat the whole platform, you walk inside, the door closes behind you, and if the temperature is under a certain threshold, you can press the button inside to activate the heater for a few minutes.
Not sure what this has to do with the Eglinton Line. The drawings since day one have always shown a single glass panel with no sidewalls, let alone doors!

If people wanted that, they should have said so years ago, to allow for the platforms to be wide enough.

Not in the case of GO Transit's shelters at Square One GO. They are completely open to the elements.

The full seal that the heated GO shelters provide are prime for teenagers looking for locations to hot box however, especially the more isolated ones. I remember walking into one of the shelters at Kennedy GO and it absolutely reeking of weed a few times.
Smoke alarm?

I'm not sure how this idea got so fascinating. 1) The platforms aren't wide enough. 2) With five-minute service, average waits are going to be less than three minutes. 3) Conversely some are calling for the elimination of half of the stops, lengthening the walk for many riders by several minutes, in any weather.

Reactions: rbt

Back