News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.5K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 420     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

TTC/Metrolinx would have to buy some land from Loblaws (owner of No Frills) to install a busway through their property.

Traffic lights will be installed between the bridges and Black Creek Drive, to serve for bus access.

No Frills.jpg
Photography.jpg

How that triangle will be developed, we'll have to wait and see.

Attachments

• No Frills.jpg
    No Frills.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 1,063
  • Photography.jpg
    Photography.jpg
    300.2 KB · Views: 1,053
The land on the triangle will become very valuable. I'm thinking that Metrolinx, Toronto or the TTC should purchase the lands, develop it and rent the property for residential and commercial purposes. Perhaps a retail mall on the land (I believe it is zoned for mixed use, however). This would be a good way to generate revenue. If we had been able to do this with Yorkdale, I imagine that it would generate quite a bit of revenue.

Looking at the renderings, it still bugs me that they'll grade separate the line over black creek, but won't do the same at Leslie, where it's potentially easier. Just a random quick rant, which I know has been debated before...

Looking at the renderings, it still bugs me that they'll grade separate the line over black creek, but won't do the same at Leslie, where it's potentially easier. Just a random quick rant, which I know has been debated before...

You can thank the locals around leslie for that screw up.

You can thank the locals around leslie for that screw up.

Actually, you can thank Metrolinx for it.

First, Metrolinx didn't have to listen to the locals, and second, there was another feasible solution that Metrolinx chose not to explore.

Regardless of what gets built (or if nothing gets built) on Eg West between Mt Dennis and Renforth, I hope that the TTC will run good express bus service to fill this gap until the given thing gets built.

If something does actually get funded it will take years of construction. I think an express bus line between Mt Dennis station on the ECLRT and the Pearson could work, stopping at Renforth to connect with the Mississauga transitway.

Mt Dennis station should have a big bus bay for convenient transfers.

Eglinton West will be above ground, so maybe 3 at worst. Maybe by 2025 we have the entire line open.

Eglinton West will be above ground, so maybe 3 at worst. Maybe by 2025 we have the entire line open.

We don't know what will be built and we don't know when it will be built and how long it'll take.

We do know that for most projects it takes a few years between getting funding and actually starting construction (Mississauga LRT announced a few days ago to start construction in 2018, 3 years gap there), and that many transit projects are late by years.

But regardless of the amount of years, they should run good bus service between Mt Dennis to Renforth and possibly up to Pearson until that given thing is built, if it ever is.

Last edited:
Almost missed this bit of news about a Caledonia GO Station to connect with the Caledonia LRT station. See link.

Metrolinx Moving Forward with Plans for Caledonia GO Station

TORONTO: April 24, 2015 – Metrolinx is moving forward with plans to add a new GO station on the Barrie GO Line at Eglinton Avenue West.

An environmental assessment (EA) will begin this summer for a potential new Caledonia GO Station that would integrate with the future Caledonia Station on the Eglinton Crosstown LRT line. This would give people a quick and convenient way to access both services and would increase transit options in the region.

"As part of the largest infrastructure investment in Ontario’s history, the government is investing in transit and other priority infrastructure projects through our Moving Ontario Forward plan," said Steven Del Duca, Minister of Transportation. "This project is proof of our government’s commitment to making the daily commute and quality of life better for Ontario families."

"This is great news for local residents," said Cristina Martins, MPP for Davenport. "I know our community will welcome more transit options that reduce commute times."

"With easy access to the future Eglinton Crosstown LRT, this proposed new GO station would improve the integration of two major transit networks here in the GTHA," said Bruce McCuaig, President and CEO of Metrolinx. "We are committed to strengthening connections between our regional and local systems to make it easier for people to choose transit first."

Metrolinx will give members of the public and other stakeholders the opportunity to provide feedback on the proposed station. The first public meeting will be held on Tuesday, May 26, 2015, at York Memorial Collegiate Institute from 6 p.m. to 9 p.m.

This project is part of the province’s Moving Ontario Forward plan to invest $31.5 billion over the next 10 years in transit, transportation and other priority infrastructure projects across the province. A significant part of that plan involves bringing Regional Express Rail (RER) service to the GO rail network and electrifying core segments of the network to give people throughout the GTHA new travel options with faster and more frequent GO rail service.

Metrolinx’s regional transportation plan is working to provide residents and businesses in the Greater Toronto and Hamilton Area with fast, convenient and integrated transit. Working through its divisions GO Transit, PRESTO, and Union Pearson Express, Metrolinx is transforming the way the region moves.

Let's hope it will be a better connection than the Bloor GO, Danforth GO, and Oriole GO stations.

Last edited:
Almost missed this bit of news about a Caledonia GO Station to connect with the Caledonia LRT station. See link.

Let's hope it will be a better connection than the Bloor GO, Danforth GO, and Oriole GO stations.

where exactly does the the GO train run now pass that area?

Looks like the mega-contract for the Crosstown has been awarded to the Crosslinx Transit Solutions Consortium. This consortium is made up of some of the companies involved in the east tunnel contract (Brentcliffe portal to Yonge Street).

http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/snc-led-group-wins-ontario-crosslinx-light-rail-contract-in-deal-that-may-be-worth-up-to-4-billion

This is for the eastern part of the line (in-median east of Brentcliffe portal) in addition to all the underground stations plus all tracks and signals for the whole line, Black Creek MSF and decades-long maintenance of the line.

I thought something was up because for the past 5-6 weeks they have been clearing the land on the northeast corner of Don Mills and Eglinton on the site of the future Don Mills station bus terminal that will run parallel to Eglinton between Don Mills Road and Gervais Drive. I don't know why they are waiting until summer to announce this if they've already started work.

Great that they'll double track the new GO Station, could also be done in conjunction with a new Lansdowne Station as well when they either tunnel or elevate that route north of Bloor St.

Looks like the mega-contract for the Crosstown has been awarded to the Crosslinx Transit Solutions Consortium. This consortium is made up of some of the companies involved in the east tunnel contract (Brentcliffe portal to Yonge Street).

http://business.financialpost.com/news/transportation/snc-led-group-wins-ontario-crosslinx-light-rail-contract-in-deal-that-may-be-worth-up-to-4-billion

This is for the eastern part of the line (in-median east of Brentcliffe portal) in addition to all the underground stations plus all tracks and signals for the whole line, Black Creek MSF and decades-long maintenance of the line.

I thought something was up because for the past 5-6 weeks they have been clearing the land on the northeast corner of Don Mills and Eglinton on the site of the future Don Mills station bus terminal that will run parallel to Eglinton between Don Mills Road and Gervais Drive. I don't know why they are waiting until summer to announce this if they've already started work.

Enbridge is moving gas lines in the Don Mills/Eglinton East area.

Back