News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 921     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 356     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Hey 44 North, do you even live in Toronto? Your posts seem to indicate that your actual knowledge of the city is quite limited, and mostly based on maps and old Google streetview imagery. Does your screen name indicate that you live at the 44th parallel?

Perhaps his avatar indicates that he lives near the arctic circle :p.

Hey 44 North, do you even live in Toronto? Your posts seem to indicate that your actual knowledge of the city is quite limited, and mostly based on maps and old Google streetview imagery. Does your screen name indicate that you live at the 44th parallel?

It's a little ironic that you bring up his screen name, when yours is DamnDirtyApe. When did dirty Apes learn to use the internet? ;)

At least my screen name is something awesome. Yup, I'm a Tiger master.

Edit: Since I like being pragmatic, I have to point out that all humans are apes. So yes, there are apes that can use the internet. But you really should take a shower, DamnDirtyApe. Because damn you're dirty.

Your posts seem to indicate that your actual knowledge of the city is quite limited, and mostly based on maps and old Google streetview imagery.

Funny, I wrote the exact same thing a couple weeks ago in reply to someone else. My knowledge of the city and the surrounding GTA is actually quite good IMO, and I think my posts demonstrate this. If you can find any evidence that shows otherwise, point it out.

Until the airport rocket is added, which lines are these?
The Airport Rocket is already on the map in some of the trains.

I think that there is a confusion here about basic definitions.
I see no confusion. The only confusion I see coming, is if you start adding every slow bus or streetcar route to the maps on the subway.

funny, i wrote the exact same thing a couple weeks ago in reply to someone else. My knowledge of the city and the surrounding gta is actually quite good imo, and i think my posts demonstrate this. If you can find any evidence that shows otherwise, point it out.

Just answer the question already! The fact that you are avoiding a direct answer implies that you don't live anywhere near the city.

Speaking as someone who lives in the affected area (the east end of old Toronto) your DRL proposal made it pretty clear that you have no idea as to the actual facts on the ground. Now you're doing the same thing in this thread...

Obviously people don't have to live in a city to comment on it, but it does help to have actually visited the places we discuss.

Last edited:
Question: How does the cost of operating and maintaining light rail vehicles on Eglinton Line compare to the cost of heavy rail vehicles (subways)? I'd assume that the cost of the LRV would be similar, since subways and light rail are [more or less] identical mechanically, but I'd like to be sure.

Question: How does the cost of operating and maintaining light rail vehicles on Eglinton Line compare to the cost of heavy rail vehicles (subways)? I'd assume that the cost of the LRV would be similar, since subways and light rail are [more or less] identical mechanically, but I'd like to be sure.

I think they cost more, when you run LRTs underground, I think it has to do with maintenance costs, considering you need to maintain the wires above track level and a few other things, as well as the difference in capacity. But it's also a toss-up when you consider it'll be serving above-ground as well and providing better operating costs there. Can't recall where I read about underground LRT costs. I think it was both, capital and operating were higher for underground (might have been when they were discussing ECLRT being underground in the east end).

Why do the TBMs need to be extracted at Allen? Why can't they continue all the way to Yonge?

I'm not sure what level of detail you expect from an answer but... to state the obvious, because there's a subway line there and they have to dig a new station underneath the current one and connect the two.

Same with Yonge-Eglinton, except both pairs of TBMs will be extracted there.

I'm not sure what level of detail you expect from an answer but... to state the obvious, because there's a subway line there and they have to dig a new station underneath the current one and connect the two.

Same with Yonge-Eglinton, except both pairs of TBMs will be extracted there.

I know. I completely forgot about Eglinton West station. Sigh... such a stupid question.

The sad thing is that I completely remembered that the reason the TBM couldn't cross Yonge was because of the Yonge Line. No such luck with me remembering the existence of Eglinton West Station.

I need to rest my brain :(

I know. I completely forgot about Eglinton West station. Sigh... such a stupid question.

The sad thing is that I completely remembered that the reason the TBM couldn't cross Yonge was because of the Yonge Line. No such luck with me remembering the existence of Eglinton West Station.

I need to rest my brain :(

No worries!

Back