News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 373     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

A pretty cool time to be a transit geek in Toronto with two lines underway at the same time. Let's hope there's something being built once Spadina and Eglinton are done.

You clearly haven't met the Scarborough wing of the Ontario Liberal Party. In a choice between LRT on Sheppard or nothing, they'll choose nothing. Every single time.

*edit.*

Yes, it is a cool time. Didn't mean to sound like a grouch.

Toronto actually has more ongoing public transit projects than anywhere else in North America IIRC.

The problem is that this expansion is sporadic, dependent on the whim of one or more levels of government. Thirty years of steady, relatively undramatic maintenance and expansion would work ten times the wonders of 'big bang' projects.

Thing is we are so far behind that it seems small in the grand scheme of things.

Well what can you do? We'll just have to support those who support expanding the transit system further and funding it.

You clearly haven't met the Scarborough wing of the Ontario Liberal Party. In a choice between LRT on Sheppard or nothing, they'll choose nothing. Every single time.

*edit.*

Then hopefully we can use that money for another transit project.

Toronto actually has more ongoing public transit projects than anywhere else in North America IIRC.

Ongoing infighting about technology lol.

But true, I mean look at this
aT5wyGv.jpg

Pretty nice!

Attachments

• aT5wyGv.jpg
    aT5wyGv.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 573

*edit.*

Thing is we are so far behind that it seems small in the grand scheme of things.

Well what can you do? We'll just have to support those who support expanding the transit system further and funding it.

Then hopefully we can use that money for another transit project.

No problem edmund and adjei, what you guys are saying is true. It seems like this is the biggest expansion, on paper. Ehlow, like I said before it seems like the sheppard east subway will appear again soon next year. I agree with you, and I would rather that money be used on Eglinton West and DRL Expansion if it comes down to that. 1 billion or less gets the DRL from Dundas West to Weston-Eglinton.

It's happening guys! Drivers are rebelling against the war on cars!
LOL

I think this should be pitched as Crosstown already converting one driver to the merits of underground LRT on Eglinton...she just couldn't wait until it opened!

The traffic was so bad she thought she could bypass it by driving in the tunnels :)

I think this should be pitched as Crosstown already converting one driver to the merits of underground LRT on Eglinton...she just couldn't wait until it opened!

Can't you see that the car, aware of the mortal threat to it and other vehicles' existence posed by the LRT, suddenly decided to make the ultimate sacrifice in an attempt to slow down the Crosstown line? ;)

... In fact, it was a carmakazi attack.

*boom tish*

I'm here all week.

Last edited:
Can't you see that the car, aware of the mortal threat to it and other vehicles' existence posed by the LRT, suddenly decided to make the ultimate sacrifice in an attempt to slow down the Crosstown line? ;)

... In fact, it was a carmakazi attack.

*boom tish*

I'm here all week.

You sir have won

LOL

The traffic was so bad she thought she could bypass it by driving in the tunnels :)

Reminds me of this

[video=youtube;dVtuJ_0GWCU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVtuJ_0GWCU[/video]

I like to think that the driver thought that he was going on the long ago cancelled Spadina Expressway. Incidentally the entrance to the streetcar tunnel on Spadina is exactly where the onramp to the Spadina Expressway would have been ;)

Back