News   Jul 16, 2024
 265     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 484     0 
News   Jul 16, 2024
 605     2 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

The map isn't an exact process, it's there to show you general progress.

Thought so. It is rather unlikely they went *west* and tunnelled to Black Creek and Eglinton (which the map seems to show if read literally).

A time lapse video of the map would be useful to measure the (approximate) rate of progress.

Last edited:
took a short drive along eglinton, Pile driving has progressed to Glen Ceder / Old Park road. That means that the second phase of the tunnel boring has begun!

took a short drive along eglinton, Pile driving has progressed to Glen Ceder / Old Park road. That means that the second phase of the tunnel boring has begun!

TBM launch shaft construction should be starting soon at Leslie as well.

I saw construction crews digging a giant hole in the street on Eglinton near Yonge today, but I'm not sure if that's related to this project.

Eglinton Closed at Dufferin Street for Weekend Construction March 7th - 10th and March 14th - 17th, 2014 -

See more at: http://www.thecrosstown.ca/news-med...for-weekend-construction#sthash.JUqrA3xb.dpuf

Eglinton Avenue Road Closure, east of Dufferin Street

From Friday, March 7th, 2014 beginning at 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, March 10th, 2014

construction_map_1.png

Eglinton Avenue Road Closure, west of Dufferin Street

From Friday, March 14th, 2014 beginning at 9 p.m. to 4 a.m. Monday, March 17th, 2014

construction_map_2.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone know if TBM Dennis broke through the Caledonia headwall yet? I think that should happen now based on W.K.Lis's picture and the TBM tracker

I saw construction crews digging a giant hole in the street on Eglinton near Yonge today, but I'm not sure if that's related to this project.[/QUOTE]

It was a water main break.

(My apologies if this is the wrong place for this question)

It seems that the crosstown, especially through the tunnelled part, will make a huge swath prime for redevelopment. How long until we start seeing developers announce plans for new projects along the route?

It's already started, The Hub is at Eglinton and Oakwood and plays up the underground LRT in all it's advertisements. This certainly opens up a large portion of the city that is prime for added development.

It's already started, The Hub is at Eglinton and Oakwood and plays up the underground LRT in all it's advertisements. This certainly opens up a large portion of the city that is prime for added development.

I still hope the Oakwood stop would be eliminated but doubtful at this point. Will not be long before complaints from residents angry there is too much development. Although that section of Eglinton is run down, everywhere from Keele to the Allen or Bathurst so if anything, development with street level retail and restaurants should help that area and hopefully become trendy

Was there talk of the Oakwood stop being eliminated? It doesn't seem any farther from Eglinton West than Mount Pleasant is from Yonge, and they both have stops. Plus it's more dense

Back