News   Jul 12, 2024
 802     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 731     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 307     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

We'll be getting a peek at the new Eglinton-Yonge Station in the coming weeks, according to Steve Munro.

Please be a Spanish solution for the Yonge line platforms. Avoid creating another Bloor-Yonge. Especially considering Eglinton is an island platform station, adding new platforms on either side is significantly less complex than if it was side platforms.

Please be a Spanish solution for the Yonge line platforms. Avoid creating another Bloor-Yonge. Especially considering Eglinton is an island platform station, adding new platforms on either side is significantly less complex than if it was side platforms.
Yes! I would love to see more Spanish solutions in Toronto. There is so much potential to retrofit some stations with it.

Are you advocating for parallel bus service to the Eglinton LRT subway from day 1?

Well they have it on spadina since its so close to dufferin which could have eliminated that bus if the subway has actually been built up/down Dufferin. But the past is the past

Yes! I would love to see more Spanish solutions in Toronto. There is so much potential to retrofit some stations with it.

Eglinton is a major interchange between the Eglinton Crosstown and Yonge. If intelligence prevails, it connects a major east-west line that goes from Malvern to Pearson to the major north-south line.

I want statues of Toros, Matadors, and Picasso art (replica). No Gaudi, we want it finished this century.

I can't tell if that is a joke or not.

regardless, Eglinton is getting redesigned and Metrolinx now has some more money to make sure it is done right, so lets hope. There are currently no spanish solutions in the city, it would be neat to have one.

The latest Star article a little while back mentioned the first tbm (Dennis?) Had pretty much reached Keele street so I suspect it has now broken the northern half of the headwall as crews are now driving piles for the southern half of the headwalls in preparation for the second time to pass in the future. It's taken so long cuz engineer + machine and crews must get used to soils and workspace. They also had a prolonged stop to install the conveyor belt systems to haul away the muck.

This is what Eglinton Avenue could look like in 10 years

http://www.blogto.com/city/2013/10/this_is_what_eglinton_avenue_could_look_like_in_10_years/

20131009-Eglinton-BikeLane.jpg

20131009-Eglinton-Sidewalk.jpg

20131009-Eglinton-Aerial.jpg

Notice the overhead wires in the last rendering. At one Crosstown meeting, the planners were hesitant to endorse burying the overhead wires saying that it would push up project costs like on St. Clair. But the difference would be trivial on a $4 billion project as opposed to St. Clair, which was supposed to be a mere $60 million. Also, note the lack of street lights in the renderings. That's an area of public realm improvements where we've cut corners in the past--like on Bloor in Yorkville.

Back