News   May 03, 2024
 968     1 
News   May 03, 2024
 596     0 
News   May 03, 2024
 286     0 

Toronto Crosstown LRT | ?m | ?s | Metrolinx | Arcadis

Cringe. So, so heartwarming when they share a human interest story to show how awesome the world is... and spell the poor guy's name wrong, repeatedly.

Sounds like they need a Good Samaritan proofreader

Their Comms director? He went through the trouble to like most of these blog postings.

AoD
MX’s blog posts read like they were written by a high functioning eight grader. They need to hire a proofreader or something.

MX’s blog posts read like they were written by a high functioning eight grader. They need to hire a proofreader or something.

I can understand why they write in simple English - to ensure it is accessible to the widest possible audience. Spelling is another thing else entirely.

AoD

Shouldn't the "editor" do some "proofreading", if they don't have a paid "proofreader". Maybe they don't have a paid "editor" either.

The advantage of having the U-turn system on the roads is that they effectively turn a 4 lane road into 2 one-way streets.

The vast majority of accidents on any road is due to turning whether that be left or right which is one of the reasons why one-way streets are so popular in congested cities. They reduce accidents and allow for faster travel.

I thought it was less a question of having the tools (ie; the algorithms) and more a political question of whether and how to deploy those tools?
Also the confusion around random cycling and skipping.

Let's say if the green cycle is too short, can they actually skip the pedestrian cycle and tell them to cross a minute later? I think people will still cross anyways and find them in the middle of the road.
Drivers would expect leading left and some would just illegally turn if they light doesn't turn green for them. Look how many people make those illegal "no turn on red" right turns and illegal u-turns.

I think a blinking train LED sign could help. I never understand why they won't install them. It might make people think twice before gunning their left turns.

Banning all left turns on Eglinton is probably a good idea. It avoids accidents and simplifies the cycles. They should look into turning Comstock and Ashtonbee into major collector roads to facilitate these turning movements. The problem is both these roads don't reach Victoria Park or Kennedy.

Went on a bike ride from Kennedy to Leslie along Eglinton today, hoping to maybe catch a glimpse of some LRVs with no luck. Did get to see the surface stations weest of victoria for the first time in a couple of months though so. Pretty much the entire surface section looks to be complete, except some sort of work on the tracks at ionview. Just based on pictures others have posted her Science centre looked a little bit further along than in person, though it also looks to be around 95 percent complete on the exterior. Kennedy on the other hand is a mess. Didn't get any pictures, but in some places, I can see down to platform level through some rebar. The station building itself isn't too far off from completion but the area surrounding it is just a dusty mess.
IMG_5676.jpg
IMG_5684.jpg
IMG_5697.jpg
IMG_5699.jpg
IMG_5711.jpg

I think the execution of the poles is very chaotic, and the light poles look kinda creepy tbh. The renderings were much nicer. Although, the shelters look quite nice and I think they have a sophisticated look.

The lrt section looks much cleaner with the overhead wires compared to the spadina street car. I'm happy the wires are confined to the median section
They can't share poles with the city or they might end up playing the blaming game if something goes wrong. The negative part is emergency vehicles don't like driving on them with the pole in the middle even if the paved it like St Clair. I believe this was one of the reason why the pole is placed on one side on Queens Quay.

I also agree that these poles are very ugly. They should have mandate something similar to St Clair which is much cleaner and lightweight.

Are they really going to pave it flat? I really don't see the point since emergency vehicles would not likely use the medium and they installed equipment on the track. Seems like green or ballast are wiser choice.

Back