Toronto Couture The Condominium | ?m | 42s | Philmor | Graziani + Corazza

A 'Minor Variance from Zoning By-law' has been posted on site for 42 residential floors plus a mechanical level and four levels of underground parking.

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Couture excavation moving along well

Click on the thumbnail to enlarge, then click again on the image for full size.

Does anyone know what is planned for directly west of the building? From my understanding Couture will be the width of X (can someone confirm?) and not the width of the excavation for parking. Does this make sense? I could not find any plans for a park or anything but maybe I missed this earlier in the thread.

Thanks everyone!

If I recall the renderings correctly, Couture will pretty much line up with X along Jarvis Street but is more square than rectangular like X so it will go back further into the lot (further west). That said, there will still be a considerable amount of space in behind there which my friend who lives at Bloor Walk suggests will be green space and presumably loading/vehicular access areas.

Last edited:
No Couture Deux: Couture is the last tower zoned for the site.

The pit gets deeper. It seems they are removing the ramp now.

[Taken today, October 1st/2010 @ 5:00pm]

couture-oct1.jpg

There's a big dump truck down there just out of sight below the sidewalk, I was wondering how it's going to get out without a ramp!

Lots of activity on site today. The dump trucks were rolling in, dirt was being moved - I think it's only a matter of time till we see this thing start to rise.

[Taken today, October 13th/2010 @ 4:51pm]

IMG_0696.JPG

Is the huge amount of earth, removed from these construction sites, still dumped at the Leslie Street Spit? If so, at what point, will the spit be finished and then what happens to the earth? That seems to be a huge amount of earth.

Is the huge amount of earth, removed from these construction sites, still dumped at the Leslie Street Spit? If so, at what point, will the spit be finished and then what happens to the earth? That seems to be a huge amount of earth.

There's always somewhere where we might want to infill the lake. There are many possibilities like enlarging the islands or creating a larger public space at the central waterfront.

I dont know the specifics in this case, but 'clean fill' always seems to be in high demand so there's a chance they may be able to sell it.

Back