Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Looks like the forms for the main support are coming down right now. There is a mobile crane and a flatbed at the site.

I'm watching right now too!

The very top is now visible. Going to bed. I'll see if they take the rest of it off by morning.

IMG_9936.jpg

Few more this morning:

photo%25255B3%25255D.JPG

photo%25255B2%25255D.JPG

Last edited:
^ is that one half of the entire bridge right there? Or is that 1/4?

Its a haft of bridge for the south side. The north side has yet to be built and will not be until this section is completed.

This bridge has got to be running ahead of schedule (whatever the schedule is).

It feels like as soon as the north ramp columns fully set/cure (is that the right term for concrete?) And they get the North part of the bridge built then all they have to do is lift it into place.

I wonder if Adam Vaughn is going to do the ribbon cutting like he did with Canoe Landing (before it closed again for months).

This bridge has got to be running ahead of schedule (whatever the schedule is).

It feels like as soon as the north ramp columns fully set/cure (is that the right term for concrete?) And they get the North part of the bridge built then all they have to do is lift it into place.

I wonder if Adam Vaughn is going to do the ribbon cutting like he did with Canoe Landing (before it closed again for months).

I have not heard anything so far about the bridge being place over the tracks before July 30-Aug 1 long weekend.

I expect the steel decking will be on the bridge before moving to allow the concrete to be pour at a later date. It will allow other work to take place on this section once in position.

Adam will cut the ribbon when the bridge is offical open to the public. As for Canoe Park, that was a PR thing for the Waterfront Corp to show it was on target and keep various people happy.

Back