Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

July 14
No steel work was taking place as not all the pieces are on site yet. They have only put in a few bolts to assemble this section so far and will place all the remaining ones with the torque hammer gun sometime next week.

5938349971_689be58d95_b.jpg

5938348827_8a14f635f8_b.jpg

5938346853_93c4c3b3a3_b.jpg

5938345619_ed1b7b9b41_b.jpg

5938900064_eb517ae0a3_b.jpg

5938898682_8b35e458d1_b.jpg

Great pictures. Thanks for the update. Can't wait till they take the moulds off the main center column.

Just my opinion, but I think this bridge would've looked so much cleaner without the additional bracing at the top.

5938345619_ed1b7b9b41_b.jpg

It's somewhat hilarious that this bridge outlets onto a major street with no sidewalk. And there's no indication that a sidewalk or crosswalk is even in the works. Are people going to have to climb over the chain link fence as well? This city just does not think things through.

It's somewhat hilarious that this bridge outlets onto a major street with no sidewalk. And there's no indication that a sidewalk or crosswalk is even in the works. Are people going to have to climb over the chain link fence as well? This city just does not think things through.

Rome wasn't built over night.

Give it time considering how much still has to be done and since it will be after September before it can be used.

People really need to read through threads before making comments. For the third time, a crosswalk is being installed at the other end.

Of course a sidewalk is being installed. Considering the newfound density of this "neighbourhood," and the construction of this bridge, it would be outrageous to not have one. Does anyone remember that southern patch of Richmond just east of Spadina? There was no sidewalk there for the longest time and there is a lovely one.

Are people going to have to climb over the chain link fence as well? This city just does not think things through.

I know. Numerous buildings under construction have hoardings all around them. How are people expected to go in the front door with that blocking their path? And they ripped up the sidewalk behind the hoarding too with no sign of fixing it.

Thanks for the paddle-wacking guys. I just found the image amusing in that it embodied the wholel "Toronto can't get anything right" mantra. I'll try to employ a bit more wit in the future. Anywho, I'm glad there's going to be a crosswalk. (Not that I really doubted it--though in Ford's Toronto nothing should be taken for granted.)

The ramp itself attracts them. Skateboarders are attracted to long smooth pieces of concrete. And then they wreck them.

Back