Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

The Humber Bay Arch Bridge does not have hundreds of diesel trains pass underneath it everyday. Given the amount of trains that will pass under the CityPlace Bridge, they might have to repaint more frequently perhaps.

None of the other bridges over the railway (Spadina, Blue Jays Way, etc.) have any dirt from the trains that pass, and they are plain old concrete, so diesel smoke would stick to them like nothing. If they have no problem with it, I'm sure a metal bridge will also have no problem.

That is the south section and schedule at this time to be erected over the long weekend in Aug. The north section is supposed to show up next week and will be assemble to the east of the ramp columns and where the extra hording is. The old RR ramp area is where the bridge will be assemble that is between GO yard and Front St. This section will go up the long weekend in Sept, if not sooner.

All work will take place at night.

Painting this thing at a future date is going to be a bitch.

Photos to follow: July 08
5918937886_1ddf36a6ab_b.jpg

5918296355_3d55f01f97_b.jpg

5918214485_3ae37c3dc9_b.jpg

5918506458_e20c78e10f_b.jpg

5917948567_28ff39fe08_b.jpg

Last edited:
The skeleton is reminding me of Brian Jungen's Shapeshifters:
images

Jungen-cet-057.jpg

9k=

It's looking very promising.

July 08
Flickr took a hip cup and fail to load photos as well in order.
5920617862_3ea246a63a_b.jpg

This is where the south section will be put together.
5920323782_a2328e26f2_b.jpg

5920321266_60c41b233b_b.jpg

5920315208_ccee7d4a38_b.jpg

it would be kinda weird crossing that bridge... there's absolutely nothing on the north side once you get there from cityplace. front street is completely barren in that area. i don't even think there's a sidewalk on that side of the street (south) where the bridge meets front.

i wonder what the city's plans are for that area... i know there have been many rumours here of the entire globe and mail site being redeveloped...

My vet is right there :) But seriously, you're right, there isn't much there at all.

My vet is right there :) But seriously, you're right, there isn't much there at all.

That part of Front still is wide and unpedestrianized due in large part to it's industrial past: with the new condos going in and the bridge, it would be logical for this stretch to get narrowed with proper sidewalks in the very near future. Does anyone know if there is a precinct plan? I would expect no, as there were extension plans for Front at one point, and in the wake of cancellation I've heard nothing.

Thanks for the updated pics. Parade condo folks will now have an easy way to get to King West. Same for many other CityPlace residents.

I assume that the City will be adding sidewalk to south side of Front Street from Spadina to Bathurst - otherwise the bridge will drop one off on a narrow strip of grass.

A sidewalk along the south side of Front St, with planted trees, is really long overdue.

It could be like a pleasant riverside promenade, except our river is made of steel and it is trains, not boats, that navigate up and down it.

I always thought that they would build a retaining concrete wall on the north side of the tracks similar to the south side with a new linear park and wide sidewalks/bike lanes from Spadina to Bathurst.

Last edited:
A sidewalk along the south side of Front St, with planted trees, is really long overdue. It could be like a pleasant riverside promenade, except our river is made of steel and it is trains, not boats, that navigate up and down it.

I like that! A river of steel.

Back