Toronto CityPlace Puente de Luz Bridge | ?m | ?s | Concord Adex | Francisco Gazitua

Hmm, not too bad! Better than I expected to be honest.

Here it is:

cityplacebridge.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks SLOCRO ... great find ~

The bridge design shown looks pretty decent ~

I too think its decent (I was expecting a lot worse). Its simple (a good quality) and elegant (although its hard to make out the 'horse' reference in that picture).

Hogtown should have gotten a pig-shaped bridge for its pork-barrel spending. No, I'm just kidding.

The bridge looks alright, i'm sure future renderings will show it in a more attractive light. Still, does anyone remember The Braided Strands?

Last edited:
if the finished product resembles the korean bridge i will be happy. having LED lights would also be a welcome accent, especially if they match the blue lighting in canoe landing park. the view of the core from the west will be greatly improved in a few years.

Adam Vaughan explained the regulatory nightmare surrounding the building of this bridge. Concord even suggested the city sue them so they could finally get out of this obligation.

Of course, in the category of "who needs Calatrava, anyway", there's what's easily the most unsung engineering landmark of all in Toronto...

3414998392_90491bfd62.jpg

...the bridge at RCYC on the Islands. And believe it or not, it dates from the late 1950s. (cue Tex Avery "take")

So.....has construction started? Didn't Adam Vaughan suggest this would get underway June 2010?

Back