Toronto CityPlace: Canoe Landing Community Centre & Schools | 15.85m | 3s | City of Toronto | ZAS Architects

Better idea

I have a better idea...

...instead of ringo spewing unsubstantiated nonsense, why doesn't HE first provide some 'basis'/'evidence' for his ridiculous claims that do not stand up to critical analysis.

...and YES, I 'am' angry when I read such crap! As I'm sure many of the posters on here are and so what's wrong with that...? And why should we respond to statements that have no basis in fact!?

As I said, let ringo first say something worthy of an intelligent response!

People are angry because the things he said are VERY dangerous assumptions about the working class poor, or those who are unable to find good, stable unemployment, and perhaps never will.

No Canadian should have to stand for nonsense statements such as those.

The myth of the "welfare queen" in the United States has done some serious damage to legitimate and effective social programs. It would be very sad to see the same kind of ideology take hold here.

Any real data on welfare recipients will tell you that generally no one likes being on welfare.

With ying there's yang. There are some people who are legitimately on welfare, however there are some who are abusing it. I see Rangostar's point that some people do abuse the system however his is a slanted view. Not everyone falls in the same category. It does anger the hard workers who have to pay the benefits for the slackers who abuse the system. I think we can agree on that?
I wonder if the government cracks down on people who is abusing it or is there no way to track? I've heard it takes a long time to wait in line for subsidized housing. But there's some back doors if you pay someone a small amount, you get pushed up the waiting line. Or like someone mentioned before, one person occupying a 2 bedroom town house on subsidized housing.

With ying there's yang. There are some people who are legitimately on welfare, however there are some who are abusing it. I see Rangostar's point that some people do abuse the system however his is a slanted view. Not everyone falls in the same category. It does anger the hard workers who have to pay the benefits for the slackers who abuse the system. I think we can agree on that?
I wonder if the government cracks down on people who is abusing it or is there no way to track? I've heard it takes a long time to wait in line for subsidized housing. But there's some back doors if you pay someone a small amount, you get pushed up the waiting line. Or like someone mentioned before, one person occupying a 2 bedroom town house on subsidized housing.

Many people of all economic and social classes abuse the power which they yield. It's a bit strange, in a 12 month period which has seen various levels of government hand out billions upon billions of dollars to attempt to correct what in many instances was the calculated greed of our industrial and banking elite, to take issue with the relative pittance that may be misappropriated while trying to help to house the poor.

I wonder if the government cracks down on people who is abusing it or is there no way to track? I've heard it takes a long time to wait in line for subsidized housing.

For instance, all the people that claim they are a single moms/dads even though they live common-law, it is almost impossible to know unless they get ratted out, and even then its hard to prove, there are also all the thousands of people on disability that have cash jobs on the side... I really dont think the government is doing enough to distinguish the legitimate people on assistance from the crooks milking our system.

Remember Mike Harris??

REMEMBER?

harper-equation.jpg

I bet you want to be the one who determines what Canadians see and hear?

Not at all. I am one of the least nationalistic people you could ever meet. Not to mention that I never said I want to determine what others see and hear, but rather that nobody should HAVE TO listen to crap like what Rango(?) was saying. They are ENTITLED to... but shouln't have to be subjected to abusive speech like his.

Live and let live, baby! (With the expectation that people like Rango will politely keep his disturbing sentiments quiet.)

I know this is a dangerous topic and I was just speaking the obvious since I know personally people who are milking the system and block 31 is just an example of luxurious estate for people on welfare. Block 32 and Block 36 seem like a reasonable spot but Block 31 just pissed me off.

why all the angry responds against me, it's just a comment. If you don't agree you can ignore or explain why instead saying it "nonsense".

Sorry if I offend anyone, but it's just a system i believe in, work hard=better life.
don't work hard = bad life. So if this formula gets mess around, it drives me crazy. (you know, those with sweet moth in the corporate world gets promoted and you know they are lazy drives me crazy)

Back