Toronto Cinema Tower | 142.64m | 43s | Daniels | Kirkor Architects

7984434955_f56e806b98_b.jpg

Thanks for those. Once Pinnacle is complete, this corner will just be totally different. Wondering if Hooters will get the ax eventually...though the rooftop patio will be nicer once this are is more developed.

Thanks for those. Once Pinnacle is complete, this corner will just be totally different.

Yupp, unfortunately all three podiums are going to look quite bad from the street. All the retail is quite a plus but I still cringe looking at each one. Pinnacle has what I believe is the best designed one, what with the trees and mini-plaza. But I'm not getting my hopes too high for the execution based on who is building it.

Yeah, I didn't post on here when the Tiff tower at King and John was completed, but I'd suspect there wasn't a small amount of grumbling over how that thing meets King st. Restaurant row is important, and those patios now face a pretty monolithic slab. It's not terrible, but probably could have been much better.

I'm looking at it from a density standpoint, and what the new residents will bring to the overall street life of the entertainment district. Especially in those off months when there are fewer visitors and tourist.

The Entertainment District is gonna rock!

Yeah, I didn't post on here when the Tiff tower at King and John was completed, but I'd suspect there wasn't a small amount of grumbling over how that thing meets King st. Restaurant row is important, and those patios now face a pretty monolithic slab. It's not terrible, but probably could have been much better.

You think Tiff Lightbox is killing streetlife on King??? Rather the opposite I'm sure.

Mind you, to be kind to the streetscape, they need bike rings. Tiff went to a lot of trouble to put signs on the trees telling people not to lock up there. Why not just get bike rings instead.

You think Tiff Lightbox is killing streetlife on King??? Rather the opposite I'm sure.

Mind you, to be kind to the streetscape, they need bike rings. Tiff went to a lot of trouble to put signs on the trees telling people not to lock up there. Why not just get bike rings instead.

Careful there, that's not what I said. I said 'those patios face a pretty monolithic slab,' you inferred that meant 'kills street life.' I don't think it kills it, per se. I think it might help it. But I wasn't talking about the 'street life,' I was talking about the street--literally, the physical-matter-stuff that makes up the environment there. It could have been better, the condo podium dwarfs the patios a bit too much.

Back