Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Urbandreamer:

Well actually thats (C) Google. Expect an army of Google lawyers :rolleyes:

But seriously, great work on the model. But I'd probably die if that were real.

RivedCity1:
Are you able describe what the renderings looked like? Spectacular or bland? 1 building or several?

Of course don't if it will put you in a bad spot.

This is one place where a wedding-caked wedge would look interesting. Start it at the height of the Front Street side and take each floor higher as it goes south. Due the size of the site, open up the middle so you have a U with the open end facing front street at a flat height equal to the top of the Front St. building and going all the way across the tracks and the bottom end of the U to the south and maybe 40 stories.

Where the bus station is now put a glass ceiling on the middle of it in the open U portion and have it all park stretching across the top of the Front St building, the bus station and over the tracks.

don't tell me that this horrible design is chosen for 45 bay street.

Last edited:
Regarding UD Picture. Personally, I love this design here. It appears to be very reflective in silver mirror, and the powder grey sections to compliment reflectivity. Would look cool from ground. And Appears massive. Only thing I would suggest is making it a tad slimmer. And It Be A Beaut! A Box, but A nice box! thanks for postin.

Regarding UD Picture. Personally, I love this design here. It appears to be very reflective in silver mirror, and the powder grey sections to compliment reflectivity. Would look cool from ground. And Appears massive. Only thing I would suggest is making it a tad slimmer. And It Be A Beaut! A Box, but A nice box! thanks for postin.

I like the color, but it should not b a box.

I like the color, but it should not b a box.

It's merely a fantasy rendering and in no way reflects any current theorized design. That said the facade looks interesting, but a pure rectangle at that size and location on the skyline would be excessively dominating and oppressive. This site deserves something sleek, fresh, unique or even colourful(!) Anything with significant height is going to absolutely dominate at this location, so I believe it should become Toronto's next defining landmark; something we haven't seen since the CN Tower or the TD Centre before that- Scotia and BCE Place were pretty significant for the city, but I feel 45 Bay needs to be truly ground breaking for the city.

This already seems to have worked itself out so this post may not be warranted but how do you know what I do? Were TheTigerMaster to post and claim the work as his own, I'd see your point. My point however, is that putting something on the internet opens it up to world to do with it what they like. That kind of open sourcing is exactly what makes the internet such an incredible and unstoppable force. To complain that someone has modified your image after you posted it is a bit silly - if you're so concerned about others altering your work, don't put it online.
Ever heard of Creative Commons?

Double digits isn't really unsafe. It won't be producing new office buildings either, but it isn't unsafe. The space will probably be absorbed within a couple of years anyways. We may not see a new office building until 2020 after 2016/2017, but it's not like the market will collapse of a decade.

Back