Toronto CIBC SQUARE | 241.39m | 50s | Hines | WilkinsonEyre

• Thread starter Suicidal Gingerbread Man
  • Start date
Back on topic for a second...

Would it be possible to make a proper pedestrian walkway along the South side of the ACC that would take you from 45 Bay to York?

I'd love to see a canopy go up to span the distance between the ACC and the Gardiner, to offer some weather protection to that sidewalk. It sees a lot of use on nights the ACC is hosting something

It doesn't feel like a real sidewalk. It needs something to make you feel like the expressway isn't right there.

onathan Pierce, formerly SVP and Principal at Avison Young has left the firm to join Ivanhoe Cambridge to be responsible for the leasing of 45 Bay. Pierce is a true industry vet and an equity owner of Avison so this wouldn't happen unless there is a real "Go" on the project.

This sounds like good news. If they do intend to build the first tower on spec, I imagine they could start building in however long it takes to get it passed at Council.

Metrolinx owns the tracks, so I'm sure they are happy to sell them to Ivanhoe given the fact that they are getting a new bus terminal out of this.

The big question is a Tenant, and there are currently 3 office buildings on the market fighting for TD. Only one (if any) will get them.

Metrolinx owns the tracks, so I'm sure they are happy to sell them to Ivanhoe given the fact that they are getting a new bus terminal out of this.

The big question is a Tenant, and there are currently 3 office buildings on the market fighting for TD. Only one (if any) will get them.

How do you know there are three buildings competing for TD? IS this conjecture or is there proof of it? Which buildings?

Union Center (782ft), 156 Front (869ft), and now 45 Bay. All three need a lead tenant to start building. AKA= minimum of 300-400k. Rumor is that TD is actively looking for this type of space. So if that's true, it's possible one of these three proposals could get it.

Union Center (782ft), 156 Front (869ft), and now 45 Bay. All three need a lead tenant to start building. AKA= minimum of 300-400k. Rumor is that TD is actively looking for this type of space. So if that's true, it's possible one of these three proposals could get it.

16 York and Bay Adelaide are also looking for tenants. And they are all further along than 45 Bay. This all sounds like conjecture and rumors.

they are smaller however, and while possible to hold them, are not really likely. Union Centre, 45 bay, and 156 Front were likely designed with TD specifically in mind, while 16 York and BA-North are more so designed for smaller tenants.

they are smaller however, and while possible to hold them, are not really likely. Union Centre, 45 bay, and 156 Front were likely designed with TD specifically in mind, while 16 York and BA-North are more so designed for smaller tenants.

16 York is 800,000 sf. It's not small. And I think CF is trying to move that one before they start on 156 Front. I don't think 45 Bay is competing with anyone yet. I think the only towers in a position to take a tenant right now are 16 York, 156 Front, BA North, and Union. Just those 4.

16 York is 800,000 sf. It's not small. And I think CF is trying to move that one before they start on 156 Front. I don't think 45 Bay is competing with anyone yet. I think the only towers in a position to take a tenant right now are 16 York, 156 Front, BA North, and Union. Just those 4.

I've heard that the initial tower on 45 Bay St could go a lot faster and is already doing some big work behind the scenes, way more than most people think. As in...shovels in the ground by fall 2015.

Also, on 156 Front, they submitted their plans to the city earlier this year with new renders, and that project has been approved as is. So Cadillac Fairview is ready to go on that one, if the tenant wants it.

Last edited:

Back