Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

just an FYI, the crane for Chicago was going up yesterday....

May 26-08

2526797122_42dbeed227_b.jpg

The townhouses are now being marketed. There was a full page ad in today's metro. Curiously, they are referring to them as 'brownstones'. Given that this project is supposedly in the 'Chicago-style' you wouldn't have expected them to use a building type more common to NYC.

According to Wikipedia: "In Chicago, a brownstone typically refers to a free-standing house, originally built for a single family, clad in brownstone. While many Chicago brownstones have subsequently been split into multiple rental or condominium units, many others remain single-family homes."

....which these are not. In fact these look like every other Daniels townhouse built at the foot of a tower.

While I'm nitpicking, the ad also states "steps from the GO station" - that's pretty deceiving. I am sure most people think GO Train when they hear that, whereas Daniels could only be referring to the City Centre GO bus terminal...

You're not still looking for truth in advertising are you? That's so refreshing (I suppose)!

Next Phase Coming Soon!

I was just talking to my friend who works for Daniels and she tells me the next phase will be launched sometime in September/October!

Louroz

The townhouses are now being marketed. There was a full page ad in today's metro. Curiously, they are referring to them as 'brownstones'. Given that this project is supposedly in the 'Chicago-style' you wouldn't have expected them to use a building type more common to NYC.

According to Wikipedia: "In Chicago, a brownstone typically refers to a free-standing house, originally built for a single family, clad in brownstone. While many Chicago brownstones have subsequently been split into multiple rental or condominium units, many others remain single-family homes."

....which these are not. In fact these look like every other Daniels townhouse built at the foot of a tower.

While I'm nitpicking, the ad also states "steps from the GO station" - that's pretty deceiving. I am sure most people think GO Train when they hear that, whereas Daniels could only be referring to the City Centre GO bus terminal...

Those are minor omissions compared to the marketing material for the architecture of One Park Tower*.

*Note: after a server move in late October 2008, page addresses may have changed. The original link in this post went to page #196565, which is now a Metrolinx thread.

Last edited:
It about 500' to the bus stop to catch either the GO bus to Union or MT 61 to Cooksville On Duke of York. 50'-650' to get a MT bus to Sq One. About 2000' to walk to GO Sq One Terminal.

Therefore within feet of GO station is far from true.

To give them some credit, its not just any GO Station. Its a major hub that serves Union, York University, Pearson Airport, Guelph, Hamilton, Brampton and all of the stations along the Milton line. Its like a mini version of Union station, minus the trains. Whether its a train or bus, it will still get them to where they want to go, unlike other stations which are only served by buses which run on a single line.

The only problem is that buses to Union Station don't run from Square One at about the time that most people would actually want to get to Union Station - morning rush and return in the afternoon rush.

Brampton is also a bit of a stretch, unless you were thinking of Bramalea asphalt desert or the 19.

Back