Mississauga Chicago Condos | ?m | 36s | Daniels | Kirkor

in today's Mississauga News - they are adding 3 additional storeys, "due to the incredible response"...2 in the podium, which will now be 8 floors total, and 1 additional in the tower...

sales release of the 3 new floors will be this weekend..

in today's Mississauga News - they are adding 3 additional storeys, "due to the incredible response"...2 in the podium, which will now be 8 floors total, and 1 additional in the tower...

sales release of the 3 new floors will be this weekend..

In total Chicago is now 36 floors, going by the article and the accompanying render. Doesn't sound any taller to me.

I wonder how tall Chicago really is? That would be an interesting city comparison: take all highrise buildings in a city and add up the floor counts to find the winner.

If Daniels added more floors it comes across as a sign developers know the condo boom is coming to an end, perhaps? Grab as much cash before the pullback....

This building, for whatever reasons, has sold incredibly quickly, especially considering that prices per square foot are a bit on the high side for the Mississauga City Centre. The architecture is OK but not that spectacular, IMO, and I think the main reason for the sales success has got to be just the continuing demand in the location. It bodes well for the future developments coming in this area.

Urbandreamer, maybe Amacon should start throwing up a building as quickly as possible? Call it "Cleveland" and watch the sales go!

tehn Philly then St. Louis...

I am always amused by newbies with strong convictions and no hesitation to express them on the internet...as Observer Walt has noted, this project has sold incredibly quickly, to all sorts of folks with all sorts of pedigree, I would suspect...

Anyways, here is the site, already being excavated, as of yesterday...the hydrant should prove useful to future residents when walking their dog..

mccfeb2412.jpg

Personally I really like all of Daniels' buildings so far in MCC, from The Capital towers to One Park Tower to Chicago. I'm interested to see what they release next, since they have at least three sites after Chicago looking at this map:

2294830673_71b3bbfc0f_b.jpg

The crane for Chicago appears to have arrived...it is sitting in pieces at the edge of the pit...it may be a bit early, as they were still digging this afternoon....:)

Personally I really like all of Daniels' buildings so far in MCC, from The Capital towers to One Park Tower to Chicago. I'm interested to see what they release next

Im also a fan of the Daniels project. Its the first in MCC to really add to the pedestrian realm and so far they have done a great job. I just hope they change around some of the materials they use in the next project. They have the 3 precast projects already, it would be nice to see some glass mixed in now, just so it doesn't look like one builder built our whole city centre.

Im hoping Amacon also plays around with materials and designs. MCC needs the diversity.

Im also a fan of the Daniels project. Its the first in MCC to really add to the pedestrian realm and so far they have done a great job. I just hope they change around some of the materials they use in the next project. They have the 3 precast projects already, it would be nice to see some glass mixed in now, just so it doesn't look like one builder built our whole city centre.

Im hoping Amacon also plays around with materials and designs. MCC needs the diversity.

Well from the looks of it Amacon is going to be using a lot of glass anyway.

I'm also concerned that the city centre might look too uniform, what with pretty much only Daniels and Amacon developing the vast majority of it, with Ovation, CityGate/Solstice/Onyx, and the Universal all on the outskirts.

Well from the looks of it Amacon is going to be using a lot of glass anyway.

I'm also concerned that the city centre might look too uniform, what with pretty much only Daniels and Amacon developing the vast majority of it, with Ovation, CityGate/Solstice/Onyx, and the Universal all on the outskirts.

I hope Amacon can mix it up a bit too. I just dont want to see one massive block of precast, and then you cross the street and the other block is all glass. Its just too 'planned'.

It's probably cheaper for them to use the same style/materials for all of their towers though. Especially if you throw in a few twins or triplets (e.g. CityGate/Solstice, Ovation, Absolute, The Capital Towers).

Back