Toronto CHAZ | 150.87m | 47s | 45 Charles Ltd | P + S / IBI

BSN is awful for you. I think sometimes you should put a "IMHO" at the end of your sentence. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but I guess you need to revise your values scale ;) Maybe you should try to visit some other country, then you'll get a whole new perception of the word awful, that you like to use so lightly.

is there any more meaningless, less understood cliche than the stupid recourse to the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" defence?

for one thing it doesn't even mean what you think it does. it means the ability to appreciate beauty is the result of having cultivated an 'eye' for beauty. in the same way that a rabid hockey fan can see exactly what it happening when they look at the ice, someone who doesn't know anything about the sport just sees a bunch of people running around without rhyme or reason.

one person has the 'eye' for the game, because they have invested the time in understanding it. the other person, having no interest, has no eye for it. guess whose opinions about hockey matter more in that case?

given that, in defending BSN, it's clear that you are someone who has made no absolutely effort to understand architectural beauty. And the value of your opinion is commensurate with your lack of knowledge.

is there any more meaningless, less understood cliche than the stupid recourse to the "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" defence?

for one thing it doesn't even mean what you think it does. it means the ability to appreciate beauty is the result of having cultivated an 'eye' for beauty. in the same way that a rabid hockey fan can see exactly what it happening when they look at the ice, someone who doesn't know anything about the sport just sees a bunch of people running around without rhyme or reason.

one person has the 'eye' for the game, because they have invested the time in understanding it. the other person, having no interest, has no eye for it. guess whose opinions about hockey matter more in that case?

given that, in defending BSN, it's clear that you are someone who has made no absolutely effort to understand architectural beauty. And the value of your opinion is commensurate with your lack of knowledge.

But is it not true that "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"? So, if someone have different opinion than yours = lack of knowledge, doesn't understand architectural beauty. Since when opinion on architectural issues must be objective? It doesn't matter who has more "eye", since you are judging me just on the base of my post, without even know what are my degrees or my knowledge.

Well, looks like you totally failed to get what I meant on my post. I was talking about values scale and that what is "awful" for somebody is just an opinion. It wasn't so hard, but thanks anyway to paint me ignorant. Cheers :)

/OT

Agreed. Or pretentious arguments about which style is "better" (I like Richardson Romanesque and if you don't you're a cotton-headed ninnymuggins).

Update from midday today.

DSC01848.jpg

Attachments

• DSC01848.jpg
    DSC01848.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 1,754
Pics taken July 12, 2014

Nice

Yp5tJsQ.jpg

Kies1Ux.jpg

TKwM6Dj.jpg

For now it looks like a homage to Bender of Futurama

Bender-Bending-Rodriguez-3D-futurama-33529314-362-500.jpg

Last edited:
Casa doesn't look good in those photos. The balcony doors look different from the rest of the glass giving the building a messy look, and the clear balcony glass lets you see the random stuff people have on their balconies.

Casa doesn't look good in those photos. The balcony doors look different from the rest of the glass giving the building a messy look, and the clear balcony glass lets you see the random stuff people have on their balconies.

So? People live there. Why shouldn't they have stuff on their balconies?

Back