News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.3K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Toronto Bike Share

I was going to refresh myself on the plan, but it seems the files are currently unavailable (server issue).

Public engagement session is still up:

I'm curious to see reports on how the new pricing scheme is being responded to by users. I still think it would be nice if, as ebike availability increases, they offered a membership tier for ebikes without per minute charges, perhaps limited to a certain number of sessions/minutes per day or per week to dissuade food delivery riders.

Reactions: PL1
I was going to refresh myself on the plan, but it seems the files are currently unavailable (server issue).

I'm curious to see reports on how the new pricing scheme is being responded to by users. I still think it would be nice if, as ebike availability increases, they offered a membership tier for ebikes without per minute charges, perhaps limited to a certain number of sessions/minutes per day or per week to dissuade food delivery riders.

Your first link works for me, now.

anecdotally ive seen alot more ebikes not just being available but being ridden and batteries drained. Its not like people are avoiding them. people willingly pay that price to ride them for commuting

anecdotally ive seen alot more ebikes not just being available but being ridden and batteries drained. Its not like people are avoiding them. people willingly pay that price to ride them for commuting
There aren't too many ebikes yet. As many more get added, and think they will make bikeshare attractive to a new set of users. I It makes sense to charge a premium, but I'm not convinced it has to be per minute for regular users. I think a lot of people would find an bikeshare ebike particularly attractive because they don't have to worry about theft vs buying your own. I think a $300 quasi-unlimited annual membership if ebikes were readily available would not be unattractive.

20230721_185251.jpg

Definitely not stolen.

I have always been curious about how these can get stolen. They need a credit card on file to undock it.
It's very easy to not properly dock a bike, especially if you're in a hurry. I've had it before where I thought it was docked, pulled on it to check and it was not docked.

I have always been curious about how these can get stolen. They need a credit card on file to undock it.
They probably stole someone elses bike.

As in, someone took one out with their account, went to hop in to a Tim Hortons, left it outside and someone else stole it.

A few new stations/docks:

King-Jameson is lone gain for the west end.

1690304062797.png

Scarborough adds:

Danforth and Danforth

1690303946920.png

McCowan District Park at Brimley

1690303971749.png

45 FairFax (Clairlea Park, near Warden/St. Clair)

1690303904567.png

Kingston Road and Parkcrest.

1690304016886.png

We're now at 673 docks in operation.

Last edited:

Back