News   Jul 12, 2024
 1.2K     0 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 1K     1 
News   Jul 12, 2024
 381     0 

Toronto Bike Share

20230727_184628.jpg

Every single bike at Bloor and Willingdon (Royal York station) has a flat tire. I'm guessing vandalism. :( The next station east only had one dead bike too. Hopefully I'll have better luck at Old Mill.

Are there plans for stations on the Island?
I saw a few people with their Bike shares waiting in line for the tiki taxi on the weekend. Now I don't know if they actually boarded the taxi but I've definitely seen people bring bikeshares on the ferry in the past.

I saw a few people with their Bike shares waiting in line for the tiki taxi on the weekend. Now I don't know if they actually boarded the taxi but I've definitely seen people bring bikeshares on the ferry in the past.
I think Bike Share is interested in providing services on the island. I think there are some contracts that need to be updated with regard to bike rental on the islands. They have hinted it will be available in a few years.

I think Bike Share is interested in providing services on the island. I think there are some contracts that need to be updated with regard to bike rental on the islands. They have hinted it will be available in a few years.
By "hinted", they mean more "studies" and "deferring". I would expect in 3+ years, which is normal for Toronto.

The station at Yonge and Wellesley is back (they realigned it so you no longer have to walk around it to get to the pedestrian exit), and the station at Church and Alexander is now a stacked station. Both good improvements, the Church and Alexander station was routinely running out of bikes, so expanding it makes a ton of sense.

While it is being looked at; service on the Islands is not contemplated in the current 4-year growth plan through 2025.

As of July 31st, we now have 676 docks/stations in service.

The troika of new locations are:

Birchmount and Danforth Road

Birchmount and Zenith (roughly mid-way between Danforth Road and St. Clair)

Pharmacy and Teesdale (just north of Danforth, roughly opposite Warden Woods)

Last edited:
Based on last year's growth plan, they are operating 1 year ahead in the east end and adding more stations than planned (birchmount/danforth for example)

Some upcoming ones might be Danforth-Mack, Warden-Firvalley, Warden stn, Scarborough stn, Sr Clair-Selwyn, Vic Park-Furnival, and O'Connor-Bermondsey

There are some large ish gaps that I hope get filled in with unplanned stations, but I emailed requesting some there anyway. I also asked tangerine and BST for an updated implementation map but no luck

Screenshot_20230801-070755_Drive.jpg

Based on last year's growth plan, they are operating 1 year ahead in the east end and adding more stations than planned (birchmount/danforth for example)

Some upcoming ones might be Danforth-Mack, Warden-Firvalley, Warden stn, Scarborough stn, Sr Clair-Selwyn, Vic Park-Furnival, and O'Connor-Bermondsey

There are some large ish gaps that I hope get filled in with unplanned stations, but I emailed requesting some there anyway. I also asked tangerine and BST for an updated implementation map but no luck
Who did you email? Did they respond to your requests?

View attachment 496686

Points to @enter username ; he got one of the two 'next stations' added to the network today.

Warden/Fir Valley is up

The other new one is:

Pharmacy/Eastgate (just north of St. Clair)

Hope Earl Bales Park gets a station soon. I was there over the weekend and the parking lot was jammed. Lots of people using the park.

Hope Earl Bales Park gets a station soon. I was there over the weekend and the parking lot was jammed. Lots of people using the park.

Its listed as 2025 in the growth plan, but in the plan there are very few bikeshare outposts nearby. We'll have to see what materializes here.

I think, in part, that will depend on the biking infra planned for Bathurst, which, with any luck, will happen next year now. (Sheppard to Steeles)

Back