Toronto Bay Adelaide Centre | 217.92m | 51s | Brookfield | KPMB

I often feel that way too. Perhaps it is in part due to the sense of scale that is apparent with workers crawling all over the construction site, the visibility of the internal workings and design of the building itself, or maybe because there is an impending end to the excitement of the "under construction" phase..

I often feel that way too. Perhaps it is in part due to the sense of scale that is apparent with workers crawling all over the construction site, the visibility of the internal workings and design of the building itself, or maybe because there is an impending end to the excitement of the "under construction" phase..

+1

Agreed. Something about visibility of the skeleton looks really neat. A rarity nowadays.

The Bay Adelaide Webcam is rapidly becoming my favourite reality show, despite not being on tv. So much growth every day so it is very fun to check in on this every once in a while.

Seconds ago:

tkdAt2b.jpg

I check it a lot too. I watched two dudes shovel adn knock the camera around for a while yesterday afternoon. (the camere was looking down Yonge)

Feb 14
A lot more shots from the 13 & 14 up on Site

They will have the 2nd tier of floor done next week and on could be starting on the 3rd tier. That will put them one tier short of the underside of the core lift.

I noticed a grove in the end wall and not sure why unless by the lift.
12541808515_250c0770e8_b.jpg

12541954743_18bb8be12f_b.jpg

12541956733_dc15347dce_b.jpg

12542324294_814861e256_b.jpg

12541974303_cc346811f0_b.jpg

12541992103_3b00482013_b.jpg

This is exciting to see, especially after the "stump" stood on this very site for so long..

It will really balance and bulk up the main office cluster on the northeast side.

IMG_2533.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_2533.jpg
    IMG_2533.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 884
I'm sorry if this has already been covered in the thread but could someone please explain why BA2 is using steel girders when most construction in this town (like the new RBC building) is poured concrete. From what I can tell most other cities use the steel frame method of BA2, but in this as in much else Toronto seems to have its own way of doing things.

pman - I feel like that has definitely been discussed back a few pages.

Does anyone know how many floors until the cement core will reduce in size? I imagine the first elevator bank would go to maybe 20 floors?

I'm sorry if this has already been covered in the thread but could someone please explain why BA2 is using steel girders when most construction in this town (like the new RBC building) is poured concrete. From what I can tell most other cities use the steel frame method of BA2, but in this as in much else Toronto seems to have its own way of doing things.

I think it has to do with steel manufacturing capacity. Building steel needs to be coordinated long in advance, while reinforced concrete can basically start immediately.

Concrete also damps sound better.

pman - I feel like that has definitely been discussed back a few pages.

Does anyone know how many floors until the cement core will reduce in size? I imagine the first elevator bank would go to maybe 20 floors?

The core will reduce in size starting from floor #26.

Back