Toronto Aura at College Park | 271.87m | 78s | Canderel | Graziani + Corazza

So the latest word I've received on this is that the retail podium will not be open in August after all, likely September instead, but probably just the Bed, Bath & Beyond at that point.

So the latest word I've received on this is that the retail podium will not be open in August after all, likely September instead, but probably just the Bed, Bath & Beyond at that point.

At one time unofficial deadline for opening the retail podium was October 1, 2012. Perhaps, that is the date we should be looking for

At one time unofficial deadline for opening the retail podium was October 1, 2012. Perhaps, that is the date we should be looking for

I can confirm that the occupancy date for the retail lower level has been pushed back to Sept 24, 2012 from August 13th, my unit and 2 others that I know has the same Sept 24 date.

Gotcha! That's too bad it won't be ready in time for Celebrate Yonge, which it would serve as a good north book-end to that. But at least it will be ready to open shortly thereafter! :)

Taken today.

AURA-18-07-2012-1.jpg

AURA-18-07-2012-2.jpg

AURA-18-07-2012-3.jpg

AURA-18-07-2012-4.jpg

AURA-18-07-2012-6.jpg

^Call me a philistine, but the more of the plaid I see, the more I like it. Still cautiously optimistic the finished package will be a looker.

freaking epic colour in this photo... cool tones, epic structure.

and ya, the more i see of it, the curved portion glass/podium glass just blows all the other type of glass away.... sucks that the uglier glass is the one that's gonna be seen more from street level since it makes up the entire lower half of the building.

but then again, it'll further make the curved portion stand out/look even better.

That right there gave me another perspective on how tall this thing is really going to be. From Yonge/Carlton it'll just be massive. Thanks for the pic.

not to mention, Massey Tower. This view will seem a lot more balanced/dense downtown core(ish) once the two are built, adding a new dimension of height along Yonge street to the lake. it's all good :D

Back